chapter fourteen

"Maya what's wrong?" I asked as we reached her room. She pushed me inside her closet.

"Khair, help me and off this dress pls" she said reaching for the zip.

Is there anything in the dress that is itching her or what?

"Ok tell me what's wrong" I demanded

"I have to change into something more comfortable. I can't dance with this dress" Maya said pointing down to her dress that is now on the floor.

Is she serious?

"Are you kidding me? So all this panic is about not being able to dance with that dress?" I asked almost laughing.

She didn't answer me so I looked into her closet and found a pink and white gown for her with a white leggings.

She put it on and rushed out to her room and sat on the chair.

"Khair, do you know how to do make up?" She asked

"No I don't but let me call you the makeup artist so that she can retouch your make up." I said

What do I know about make ups,pfff.

She nodded and I dashed out of the room and searched everywhere except some rooms.

I walked to the parlor and I found the make up artist eating chicken crazily.

It took everything in me not to laugh out loud.

She saw me and quickly dropped the plate with embarrassment on her face.

"Uhm.. Maya wants you to come and retouch her makeup." I said.

"Sure" she replied and washed her hand in the sink in the dinning room

....
Maya and I went back to the garden and she started dancing. I just sat back and watch.

"Well, everyone, pls go back to your seats. It's time to give gifts to the celebrant." The mc announced and everybody moved back to their seats including Maya who was smiling with satisfaction.

I forgot I left the gift I bought for Maya inside her room. I excused myself and went to her room. I couldn't find it.

Where did I left it?oh my God, this thing shouldn't lost

I decided to check the parlor where I sat down in the first place.

As I reached the parlor, I met whom I never thought I could meet here.

"Ibrahim? What the hell are you doing here" I asked surprise and scared since he's the only one seated in the parlor.

"Whatever you came to do here, that is what I came to do too" he replied with blank face.

I ignored him and searched for the gift. I saw it close to where Ibrahim sat, I quickly carried it and ran outside.

Maya's table and couch is full of wrapped gifts. I think her cheeks would hurt from the way she's smiling so hard.

I kept my gift on her lap and she equally smiled at me.

"Pls call habiba so that she can help me take this things to my room. I would have called the maids but I don't like them entering my room" she said and I nodded

I searched through the crowd and I finally found habiba. She started taking the gifts inside and I helped her.

After all the gifts are given to her,the DJ put music while the mc called everyone to dance.

I didn't decline this time and I joined everybody at the dance floor.

Its after five now but I don't want to call uncle Haroon yet. I want to enjoy this moment of my life, going to a friend's birthday.

We danced and danced till we all got tired. We all retired back to our seats and a woman is called to recite closing prayers. I think they did that since it is almost magrib time.

After the prayer, the maids came out with sealed leathers and started sharing them.

I received mine too and went back inside.

The DJ  started packing his stuffs and driving out of the mansion together with the mc.

....
Habiba, zulaihat,Maya herself, two girls I don't know and I were seated in Maya's room.

She started unwrapping the gifts and it was all amazingly expensive.

There were too much of it and we started helping her unwrap them.

In the process, the two girls and zulaihat were called to go home and they went out after hugging us. Zulaihat included.

I was surprised she hugged me and smiled at me. Let me leave that one aside

Maya unwrapped habiba's gift and it was a beautiful black bracelet. Maya hugged her and continued.

She unwrapped mine and jumped on me upon seeing it.

"Thank you guys so much" she said with happiness.

I was now struggling to unwrap small gift and I finally get to open it.

I gasped upon seeing it.

Holy mermaid

"Oh my God!oh my God!!ohh myy Goddd" Maya shouted and snatched it from me.

"Oh my. A fucking brand new iPhone 12. Holy fish" habiba gasped also.

My phone rang bringing me back to reality. It was uncle Haroon. He told me to come meet him outside the gate he's waiting for me.

I don't want to live this house now but I have to.

"Uhm Maya. I gotta go. My uncle just called me and told me to come out to meet him" I told her and picking the two gifts I had.

"Oh my. Eyya. Don't worry we would meet in school on Monday. Thank you do much" Maya said giving me a tight hug.

"I will collect your number from Maya" habiba said and we are now doing group hug.

"Ok byeeeeee happy birthday Maya" I said and went out with my things outside only for me not to find uncle Haroon's car

What the heck??!

___________________