chapter eight

After staying there for a little while longer, I gave up and started walking carefully. A grey BMW ran past me very fast. I hissed and continued walking. They grey fine BMW came back and stopped close to me. The back window rolled down and I saw Maya peek her head out of the window.

"Khair, what are you still doing here?" She asked surprised. "The crazy maniac that suppose to pick me up literally forgot about me. So here I am" I said. "Well get in here" Maya said smiling opening the car door for me smiling. "No thanks. I will manage and go home" I said. I really wanted to accept this offer but to show you are polite,you have to decline it.

"Oh come on Khair. Look at how you are walking. Wait if you faint by the roadside and nobody wants to help? Just get inside let's give you a ride home please" she said with a cute face. "Ok Thank you" I said hopping inside.

The car was cold and it relaxes my body that was burnt from the sun. I told Maya the direction of my house and her driver drove us there. I Thank her again and she gave me a quick hug.

I entered inside my house and straight into my mum's room. She was seated with a worried face and I quickly walked to her. "Mum, what happened?"I asked worriedly too. I don't like seeing my mum like this. She hugged me" oh Thank God you are back Khair, how did you get back?"she asked
"A friend rode me back home. The bike man didn't come so I planned to trek but this my new friend Sumayya saw me and helped me. Now mum stop been worried I'm fine." I said. If I tell her about those boys,she will be more worried and I don't want that so I kept quiet about it.

"I think you should follow the school bus, it would be better. I will talk to your dad" she said. "Ok, I will go and take a shower now" I told her and run up the stairs.

I jumped on my bed and let out a heavy breath. Today was a hectic day. I stood up and take a quick shower and prayed. I put on my cloth and went straight to the kitchen. I ate there and went back to my room and immediately fell asleep.

My mum woke me up by magrib time and I prayed. I washed the dishes,since I don't have homework to do,I  watched some movie.

My dad came back by nine o'clock and I welcomed him. He ate his dinner and my mum talked to him about the school bus and he agreed saying it would even be safer. He asked me about my day and I simply replied with good. I wished them goodnight and went to my room.

I took my phone and on the data. I entered WhatsApp and saw only one person's message, uncle Haroon. ( this is there conversation below)-

Uncle Haroon- hey sis

Khair- hi bro

Uncle Haroon- how are you doing

Khair- not fine, my head hurts badly

Uncle Haroon- oh my! what happened?

Khair- hehehe do you know what? In my new school today, I was bullied. Our biology teacher asked a boy to answer a question and if he don't get it, I will flog him. The boy's name was Ibrahim and he was the one that bullied me. He knew the answer to the question but he said the wrong thing. The Mrs then ask me to flog him on his butt and I did. It was so funny.
During closing time, the boy and his team were targeting me. They gang up against me and Ibrahim knocked me hard with a heavy stick. Then my new friend came and saved me and gave me a ride back home. It was suppose to be my bike man that dad hired for me but he never showed up. That is how I ended up with this terrible headache

Uncle Haroon- Subhanallah, love is in the air. I will start telling my friends I have wedding next Friday between my Khair and Ibrahim. Awwww

Khair- oh my God uncle, you are not helping with the matter. You are only making my headache worse so gn. Byeee

Uncle Haroon- ok gn don't forget to dream about Ibrahim

Khair- ughhhhhh

     (End of conversation)
I offed my data and kept my phone down. Uncle Haroon needs help

________________