chapter nine

I woke up early in the morning and prayed. My dad informed me that the bus would start taking me from today. I was somehow happy that I wouldn't wait for anyone and get bullied by the boys again.

I bathed,ate my breakfast and told my mum not to worry about making food for me to take to school.

By 7:10,the school bus came to pick me up. The bus looked pretty comfortable and has lot of space for everyone to sit.

I entered inside the bus and sat down. As if I was asked to, my eyes moved around scanning the bus. My eyes landed on the back seat and surpriiisse, the bullies are sitting there looking at me also

You have to be seriously kidding!!

I teared my gaze away from them quickly and look down through out the ride to the school.

As the door opened, I was the first to literally jump out not wanting the boys to hold me captive in the bus.

I rushed to the class to my favourite spot which is not my favourite spot. I know this sentence is weird but, Maya made me to like the last row and I'm away from the bullies. But I don't like it cos I can't see the board well from here.

Two minutes later, Maya walked inside proudly and I was happy to see her. She hugged me and sat down. We went to the assembly ground shortly after. The boys didn't try to do anything to me through out the day and I was glad for that.

During closing time, before the bus take off, we sat in the class with Maya with few other students,some discussing and some being professors

"I'm going to visit you" Maya informed out of nowhere.
"Really?when?" I asked happily.
"Anytime soon. I'm not going to tell you but I can show up at your house at anytime." She said.
"But just tell me when so that I can prepare" I pleaded
"No. Just be prepared all the times" she said slowly as if talking to a person with anger issues.

"Well OK" I shrugged. The bus driver started the bus and I stood up. "Bye Maya" I waved at her.
"Byeeee" she waved back with a smile.

I landed home safely without the boys doing me anything. Though my heart was beating very fast when in the bus, glancing backwards every minute to make sure no one is about to attack me.

"Mum I'm back" I shouted while entering the kitchen. "Good afternoon ma" I greeted her.
"How are you baby?" She said with warmth in her eyes.
"I'm good" I replied and started loading her with all the things about the school, the teachers,the teaching, Maya and everything. Since I didn't get the chance to gist her yesterday, here I am filling her with things she mostly don't understand.

..........
My life continues with school normally without me adding any new friend,even the bullies left me alone and acted as if I don't even exist. I was looking forward for Maya to come to my house everyday but she hasn't show up yet. I kept asking her and she said keep expecting me.
..........

Today was Thursday and no Islamic school for me. I had plan on sleeping all noon so that in the night,I would watch this movie I have been wanting to watch my entire life,Mulan.

As I came back from school,I get in the shower and stayed for more than forty minutes. Immediately I came out,my mum shouted my name from downstairs.

"Ummul Khair you have a guest here!" My mum yelled

A guest? Who could that be? I wasn't expecting any gue....
Ooo damn it! Its Maya and I haven't get ready

I quickly put on my peach abaya and wrapping the small veil on my head. I rushed downstairs quickly and saw Maya seated watching TV

"Mayaaaa" I rushed and hugged her tightly. "You finally came" I added and released her.
"Lets go to my room" I said leading her upstairs.

"Khair come and take water to your guest" my mum said as we climbed the stairs.

Maya sat down on the bed and I excused myself to go to the kitchen.

"Khair who is that girl?" My mum asked with a suspicious face.
"Mum,my friend in that I have been telling you about,the one that gave me a ride home" I reminded her.
"Ok but see how she dresses. That's.... I don't know,irresponsible?" My mum said

Maya just wore blue shirt and black ripped jeans with black Head tie on her head.

Typical African mothers!

I decided to just smile at her comment cos I honestly don't know how to react at her comment. I quickly took water and orange juice to Maya.

We gist and gist and ask if she wants to eat food but she sweetly rejects it. 

After staying at my house for three hours straight, she went back home.
I have miss my chances of watching mulan now,but I was happy the entire day.

____________