chapter ten

Today is my happiest day

Uncle Haroon is visiting tomorrow and I can't help but jump up crazily like excited kangaroo. I slept peacefully that night and woke up very early in the morning.

I was still in my pajamas as I did ablution and prayed. I did all the house chores and finally took a bath.

I don't like today being Wednesday that I have to go to school. I wanted to witness uncle Haroon's arrival.

I prepared indomie for myself to take to school and patiently wait for school bus.

I was looking at the clock hanged up in our classroom frequently wondering why time is so slow today.

I have never been this eager for school to dismiss as early as possible.

As soon as the bell rang for closing time, I hugged Maya with huge grin and ran to the bus.

I was the first to sit inside while I impatiently waits for other students and the driver to enter so that he will drive me to my house.

I know uncle Haroon would be here by now.

After the long hours drive,I finally arrive at my destination. I usually tell the driver goodbye but today, I don't even have the time.

I rushed inside the house and I scanned the parlor. No sign of uncle Haroon, maybe he's in the guest room? I looked around almost everywhere and I didn't see him.

This can't be happening

I ran to the kitchen and saw my mum talking on phone. I waits for her to finish.

"Mum good afternoon, I'm back. Where is uncle Haroon?" I asked eagerly. "I'm sorry. He's trapped with work and isn't coming today till when you are graduating from ss3" she informed and I shrink with sadness

"Two years to come?nooooooo" I said to myself as I felt tears gathering in my eyes.

"Go to your room and change. Sorry" my mum said and I turned my heels and left the kitchen.

I climbed the stairs very slowly and reached the door to my room.

I turned the knob with all my body feeling weak. Tears have start making their ways on my cheeks.

I entered the room and a familiar voice shouted making me jump out of my skin with fear.

I turned and and I froze. All my strength started coming back within five seconds.

"Oh my Godddd uncle Haroooooooon" I shouted and jump on him laughing like a lunatic. He laugh and hugged me back

"Look who's crying because I couldn't come" he teased
"I'm not crying, my eyes are just flushing out its water naturally" I said and he laughed.

We went out of the room and went straight to my mum." Mummy so you and uncle Haroon join forces to break my heart" I said sarcastically and everyone laugh.

We all ate lunch and we started talking with uncle Haroon about nothing in particular.

We prayed magrib and isha'i prayer and continue talking till 11 in the night.

My dad came out of his room and chased me inside my room saying that I have school tomorrow and there is still enough time to gist because uncle Haroon is staying here for two weeks.

........
I went to school and Maya told me another exciting news. Her birthday is on Saturday and I'm invited. I was happy and worried. Maybe my mum will not allow me to go especially since she doesn't like Maya that much.

I came back from school with the birthday invitation in my hand planning on how to tell my parents.

I greeted her and sat on her bed shifting here and there nervously.
"Ummul Khair, what is it that you want to say? This one that you have been shifting and if the bed has nails on it" she joked and I can't laugh at it

"Actually mum, you know my friend Maya, her birthday is on Saturday and she wants me to come" I said trying my best to sound excited and giving her the invitation card.

"Ok no problem but you should tell your dad yourself" she said looking at the beautiful invitation card.

"Ok Thank you ma" I said hugging her not knowing it would be this easy to convince her.

My dad came back from work and he was eating at the dinning room

This is the perfect time to tell him. I said in my head.

"Daddy, my friend's birthday is on Saturday and she invited me. She's the only friend I have and mum knows her too. Please can I go?" I said trying to sound like a very good and polite child

"You can go. Haroon should drive you there and bring you back" he said without looking at me.

I knelt down and thank him.

Now I have to figure out the best gift for Maya even though I know she has almost everything because they are very rich.

______________