chapter fifty

You gotta hurry up girl. Everyone's there already." Maya shouted at me through the phone.

"You know you haven't tell me the location right?"

"And I'm already seated in the car. I'm just waiting for you to send me the location then off I go." I added and that was a big lie. I was still in my pyjamas sitting on the counter.

"OK I will send it now. But hurry up pls. I don't want you to miss it." As if she wasn't the one shouting at me forty seconds ago.

"OK. I will be there. But I don't really see the important thing I will be doing there. With or without me,the party will still take place so it won't make a difference if I don't come right?" I said waiting for Maya's answer but got none. O didn't knew I was talking to no one cos Maya just hung up without me knowing. Mtcheew.

I did all I have to do in less than an hour. I picked up my purse which I have the necessary things stacked inside and my car keys then moved outside.

Listening to the Spanish song booming out of my car's radio,I drove slowly to mountain park where the party is taking place.

A call from Maya made me reduce the volume. I found a little space by the road and packed my car there before answering her call.

"Before you start scolding me,I'm already on my way." I said before her.

She laughed before saying "I didn't plan on scolding you,instead I have to thank you for being late. Since you're driving, I want you to stop by at 'all things sweet' and get me popcorn."

"Popcorn?" I asked just to be sure.

"Yes popcorn. Can you imagine there will be a show at the cinema there and they don't have popcorns throughout the whole of the great mountain park?" She hissed and I laughed.

"What do they have then?" I asked still laughing

"Anything but popcorn. There is chocolates everywhere and you know I hate chocolates that's why I want you to get me popcorns strictly from all things sweet." She instructed

"Why from all things sweet. There are literally popcorns at every shop that I can get for you on my way but now I have to go back to all things sweet shop and get you a freaking popcorn. Why?"

"Cos they've got the best popcorns ever. It was named all things sweet for a reason girl." I imagined her rolling her eyes as she said that.

"OK whatever. Just don't expect me to be there early again." I warned.

"You are already late so byeee." And she hung up.

I reversed my car and drove to all things sweet. I don't need location for that one cos almost everybody in the whole of San Fransisco knows that place. OK that will be a lie but they suppose to cos that place got the best of candies, chocolates, biscuits, cakes,popcorns, cookies and just everything sweet. It made sense where they derived the name from tho.

I packed my car at the packing lot there. People where buzzing in and out of the place with giant bags in their hands. I wonder why the place don't run out of sweets with the way huge population of people are coming there 24/7.

I bought two big cups of popcorn and i couldn't help but buy a dozen of cupcakes also. If you got no money with you, then just don't make the mistake of stepping into that place. The way the cakes will be rotating on their stands as if they're dancing, ice creams frozen in the glassy fridge,candies looking at you in the eyes and chocolates cutely pouting at you, you will just have to borrow money and get one of those things. It was just a Paradise of sweetness from the mere look.

I walked out of the place instantly missing the nice smell and cool air on my skin. As if I was instructed to,I looked in front of me where the hospital which was currently under rebuilt was looking back at me bringing back last week's bad memories.