chapter forty four

Maya started teaching me how to drive little by little and now I'm a professional driver.

Professional driver? My foot. My mind retorted.

I continued the make up on my face happily. Ahmad called me and told me he's taking me out today and could I be more excited?

"Sleeping ugly wake up. Its noon already." I continuously tapped on Maya's leg but she didn't even move a bit. I rolled my eyes at her and brought out a sticky note.

'Hey you heavy sleeper. I stood here wasting my time to wake you up for more than thirty minutes which was actually thirty seconds but did you move at all? No. I wanted to tell you that I'm going out with a friend of mine that I will hopefully tell you about when I come back.
Take care of yaself
Xoxo
Me'

I reread the content and shrugged sticking it where she will definitely see it,that's the mirror.

Locking the house with my keys,I dropped it in my purse and brought out my car key.

I whistled as I sashayed to the car. This is the second time I'm driving on my own without my instructor and that is Maya. I prayed in my mind and drove out of the house to the location Ahmad sent me.

Upon reaching there,i saw his car packed where other cars were packed. I looked around and saw not a single soul there. I called him to confirm if this was really the place.

"I'm standing right next to the car that looks like yours." I informed him as he picked my call.

"Okay I'm coming to get you now." Ahmad said and I hung up waiting happily for him.

"Asalam alaikum." Ahmad greeted smiling as he reached where I was.

"Wa alaika salam. Here you are." I smiled also.

We walked further into the quiet place and that's when the beauty of the place started coming to view.

Sofas were arranged on the full green grass there. There was carpets also with people seated on it. Beautiful and handsome birds were flying around freely
A stream was by the side of the place. Everywhere was just so beautiful and serene.

We sat on the carpet and gist about random things. The foods in that place was all a la carte but it was excellent. The most happiest part of all was that Ahmad confessed to me. He said he loved me truly because of Allah and it was marriage love as in love of marriage. I did another dumb thing of my life that moment. I didn't think twice before I agreed immediately.

A call came through my phone and it was Maya.

I picked it with a smile eager to share my happiness with her.

"Hey girl." I said but no response.

"Hello?"

No response.

"Maya?" I asked again and that's when I started faintly hearing her voice but it was cracking.

Ughhh this phone. It has been giving me some unreasonable problems lately.

I put the phone on loudspeaker and that's when the phone decided to return back to life. I regretted doing that,especially in Ahmad's presence.

"KHAIR, I SAID WHERE ARE YOU?! I HAVE BEEN CALLING YOU SINCE. COME TO STEPHANIE'S HOUSE IMMEDIATELY YOU OVER WALKING STUFF!" Maya shouted through the phone disgracing my life.

"OK mum." I rolled my eyes at her and hung up.

I looked up and my eyes settled on Ahmad's eyes. He let out an amused chuckle while my chuckle was that of embarrassment.