chapter six

I knew he did this on purpose. Mrs Bello handed the cane to me and I collected it with shaky hands.

Ibrahim stick out his hand to me with confidence. This rotten kid....

"No,not on his hand, on his butt" Mrs Bello said and everyone started laughing while Ibrahim's eyes went wide opened. I can tell he wasn't expecting that. It took everything in me not to laugh also.

"Turn around and face the wall" Mrs Bello commanded and he did just that with embarrassment. I looked at Maya asking for help even though I know she can't do anything about it. She gave me thumbs up with big smile. What? I didn't need that.

I raised my hand up a little and landed it on his butt. It wasn't painful though. "What is this you are doing girl? Let me show you how its done" Mrs Bello said wanting me to give her the cane so that she can test it on me. No way,I can't allow her to flog me on my first day and beside that, I'm extremely afraid of cane.

This time, I raised my hand high up and wipe him so hard that he shakes. He closed his eyes tightly and hold the cane to the woman. "No, he needs five good cane" Mrs Bello said with grin. I flogged him again twice, at this point, he is already crying.

Mrs Bello told him not to touch it or else it will be cancelled and doubled. After I gave him his sweet five cane that I'm satisfied with. He was now rubbing his but as if soldier ants were biting him there. His cry got louder and he cried his eyes out not before giving me several murderous glares.

Students at other classes are now at our class window and watching this hilarious scene. Laughs and laughs everywhere,now I can't control my laugh anymore.

With all his proudness and strong head with bullying,he is now crying like a child. I think he deserves this.

I went back to my seat while Mrs Bello gestured for everyone to stop laughing and go back to there classes. She continued asking others questions and left the class after.

Ibrahim's head was on his desk all through the last hour of the school. Is like he even fall asleep. He didn't even shake from that position till the school closes and no teacher dared to ask.

Now that the school is closed, I don't know what to do. We are now sitting by the school gate with Maya waiting for who will pick us home. Someone wearing something like uniform entered and Maya immediately stood up.

"Khair I'm going now. See you tomorrow. Byeeee" she smiled and waved. I waved back and now I'm lonely again. Ughhhh

The school has now become scanty as many people has gone home. Mr Dennis came to my place and asked why I haven't go home. "The person that was suppose to pick me up hasn't come. Please can I lend your phone?, I want to call my dad" I said sadly "sure" he replied with a smile giving me his phone.

I dialed my dad's number and he didn't pick. I know he don't pick up unknown numbers so I sent him a message saying its Ummul Khair and he called almost immediately. "Dad, I'm still in school the man hasn't come" I told him. "He hasn't? He said he is at your school junction. You should walk up to him" my dad said

Why?? Isn't it the bike man that suppose to come down here??

"Ok" I replied and hung up. I returned Mr Dennis's phone to him and thanked him. I walked out of the school gate. Its a five minutes journey from here to the junction.

Oh my goodness

I walked slowly planning to make the man irritated by waiting for me the way he made me wait for him.
He deserves it.

__________________