Chapter twenty nine

Maya didn't focus well in class today and I think its because of Xavier that she's meeting today,huff.

"Will you quit looking at the door every now and then?" I said to Maya already annoyed at her behavior because she kept looking at the cafe door each time anyone opens it.

"And aren't you going to eat?" I added while sipping my smoothie. "I will" she replied shyly. I hissed lowly at her and Stephanie seemed to be just as excited as Maya.

"You're acting as if it is John Cena that is coming to visit you" I said and she blushed. God, this girl needs therapy.

The door clicked open and a guy walked in. I looked away from him but looked back when he started approaching us.

The guy has red hair and freckles all over his face. This shouldn't be Xavier or else I would laugh my butt out at Maya. I looked at her and saw her shocked expression.

"Oh wow,your Xavier is definitely a handsome guy" I whispered to her and she shot me a glare.

Consequences of wanting to befriend someone when you haven't see them. It took everything in me not to burst out laughing as the guy stopped at our table and smiled at Maya. She returned the smile to him but her smile was fake and forced.

I'm so going to enjoy this scene. I leaned back on my seat and with wished I have popcorn now.

"Hey girls" the red haired boy said waving at us. We all waved back saying "hi" in unison.

"I'm smith,Xavier's friend" he introduced.

Dammit.

Maya released a sigh of relief and her genuine smile returned back but mine seem to fade away.

"Xavier is on his way coming and....." Smith started but snapped his head at the door that opened.

"He's already here." He smiled and and sat beside Stephanie. A wiry looking guy that has the same blonde hair as Stephanie walked towards us.

"Hey ladies" he greeted and hugged Stephanie. "Hi bro,meet my friends Khair and Maya" Stephanie introduced pointing to us and we said hi to him.

"And you two,meet my one and only brother, Xavier" she added and pecked him. We just waved our hands and whispered hi.

We ate our foods in a comfortable silence with Maya stealing glances of him. After the school, we went back home and I just want to tell someone about all these. I almost called uncle Haroon but I realized it won't make sense so I ended up calling Habiba and telling her everything.

She was as shocked as I am and she wanted to call Maya but I stopped her telling her I know how to handle it,which I really don't know how.

After our little talk with Habiba, I stood up to cook. I went to the kitchen and I suddenly don't feel like cooking. "Let me just tell Maya to order something" I thought to myself as I went to the parlour calling her name.

I stopped dead in my tracks as I see what I saw. What on earth is he doing here?

"Maya?" I asked still shocked at what I saw. She snapped her head towards me with a smile and she moved towards me.

"Geez Khair, you scared me" she said as she dramatically put her hand on her chest. I dragged her to the kitchen and gave her 'what on earth is happening' look.

"Calm down girly,he's just here to say hi to me and nothing else" she said with a nervous smile.

"And you couldn't tell me before he came?"

"I also didn't know he's coming"

"When he came unexpectedly, what are you suppose to do before opening the door for him?and how did get our address?" I questioned her and she just looked down

"I'm sorry,I know should have done that but I was just excited"she said sadly

"what if he wanted to harm you?" I asked softly.

"I promise I mean no harm" a male voice said and we jumped in fear screaming lightly.

"Xavier, what are you doing here?" Maya shyly asked. The way I would always want to punch her throat anytime she talks close to Xavier, let me just keep mute about that.

"I wanted to say bye before I go that's why I followed you to the kitchen and overheard your friend talking about me in a somehow unfriendly way and I couldn't help but interrupt." He explained with a smile and Maya smiled back.

"You are nosey Xavier. You could have just wait for us in the parlour." I said shooting him an invisible glare.

"I'm sorry" he said holding his ear in a childish manner.

"Finnnee" I groaned and left the kitchen for them. I sat on the sofa and bought out my phone to play games.

Maya and Xavier came out of the kitchen shortly after. "Uhm Khair, Xavier is going now and I want to accompany him to his car." She said smiling while I looked up from my phone.

"Where is his car?"

"Khair,God stop being overprotective. His car is just in front of this house. Byee" she said and ushered Xavier out.

"Ok bye Xavier" I shouted to him. "Kk" he shouted back and Maya closed the door behind her not before whispering 'nothing is happening between us'.

I stood up and watched them from the window. He removed a bunch of flowers from his car and gave it to her. She collected it shyly whispering something.

He drove out of our apartment and she's was still standing there like a lovestruck teenage girl until his car was out of sight.

She turned her heel and started walking back to the house. As she reached the main door,she threw the flower aside and opened the door while breathing in and out.

"Welcome" I said unexpectedly and she jumped slightly. "Khair you scared me" she said.

"So?what's up with you and Xavier? Are you a thing already?" I asked keeping my eyes still on her.

"No no not at all. We are just friends and nothing more." She said trying her best not to be nervous but she was. I pushed her outside to where she threw the flowers and her eyes widen a bit.

"Then explain this bunch of roses" I said pointing at the nice flowers."I...I.. I well, I... I don't know but...but I don't know why he bought these. Seriously I don't know"she stammered like a child that stole a candy.

"Maya,I don't know what to say to you but,you know it's not good in our religion" I said to her calmly.

"I know. I will stop" she said defeated and walking back into the house. Good,I think I'm handling this already,just a little more talk on convincing her.

"Good. We suppose to focus on study not on boys 'for now' so that we can make your dad proud who sacrificed what he has just for us to get here. We gotta make them proud girl." I said patting her back and smiling deviously as she buried her face in her palms.

"Ok I get it. I'm sorry. Can we make something to eat now?" She said with a small smile.

"Ok let's go. I wanted you to order something for us but now, we should just make it together" I concluded and she groaned as I pushed her into the kitchen.

After few minutes fun of messing the kitchen up,we finally made lasagna and banana smoothie.

The lasagna we made was the one of the worst food I could ever think of. We have no option than to throw them away and order something eatable.

We did conference call with Habiba and Stephanie. We introduced them to each other and they are now talkative friends. The day went on smoothly with me continuously teasing Maya about Xavier.

___________