Chapter 3: Four leaf clover

•| mid summer of 1997 |•

" Keisuke slow down! " Kiyoko squealed, her arms around Keisuke's waist.

The kid only laughed aloud at her panicked expression, proceeding to speed turn sideways with the bike.

GAAAAAAHHH! Jebus save me! This kid won't effing slow the f down!! AAHH!! I'M GONNA FA--

" Don't hold me too tightly yoko, 'm gonna start to think you like me~" he teased, laughing his ass off upon seeing Kiyoko's disgusted expression.

Heh. What a cute frown. He thought.

Our main protagonist is currently on a ride with Keisuke baji in order to find a gift for his mother, what a sweet child.

If only he doesn't burn cars when he's hungry.

She was already planning on how to get rid of this boy's cheeky personality, but alas, it will never go away no matter what she does.

Kiyoko's POV

For the love of God, please stop my extreme urges to strangle this kid to death.

Breath in. Breathe out.

Today's agenda is to find Keisuke's mom a birthday gift. He insisted on looking for a four leaf clover, lol. Did he honestly think we would find them so easily? Of course he would, he's quite optimistic about this whole...ordeal.

" Keisuke, I swear to Holy Mother Mary that I'm gonna punch you hard in the face if you don't slow down " I slightly pinched his sides which caused him to falter for a moment.

But of course it's Keisuke Baji that we're talking about here, he won't feel threatened by someone smaller than him. He even laughed! The audacity!

" My bad, don't wanna be punched by you anyway " he chuckled. That's it, this kid really.

Haaaaaahh, lord grant me the strength to knock this kid out. Patience kiyoko, patience.

" I hate you " I mumbled against his back, which made him smile.

" You know you love me " he said, I grimaced at that thought. He wasn't exactly wrong but he's annoying!

Thinking about it, A year has almost passed since I accepted this annoying kid as my friend. Heh, never thought anyone would last by my side with this remarkable attitude. My mind had begun to drift towards my own world unconsciously.

My memories from my past life had faded before I realized it, not that I regret it. The only memories that remained were some basic information, such as where I used to live, my favorite food, the shows I loved to watch and of course, the name of my one and only cactus, Delly.

It feels nice to be here, Father gives me everything I ask for ( not that I asked for something extravagant, yet ) and he doesn't really interfere much with my daydreaming. He was a lot more chill than mother. Speaking of which, it's been a long time since my mother visited me, she was still the same person. A warm smile and gentle hands that pats my head, though the lingering smell of rotten meat and blood disappeared.

Two years ago, I found out that my parents weren't really normal people. My whole family was weird, amazing but weird. Mother could lift things with her mind, she is a part of some mafia Business or something I think? But anyways her job was to get rid of traitors and dispose of any lingering threat. Father is an inventor, he creates a lot of things for people like them (modified humans ig?) and he's got this ability to produce and control fire. So, yeah my family is amazing.