Chapter 4: Unfortunate child

•| October 14, 2002 |•

Third Person's POV

" I want to eat peyoung, " Kiyoko said, her eyes not moving away from the book.

Her lack of context easily leads people to misunderstand. But oh well.

" Affirmative M'lady " Sui saluted, scurrying his way towards the kitchen. Kiyoko could only sigh at his antics, oh how he reminds her of him.

Time flies fast, it has been 4 years since kiyoko experienced yet another tragedy in her life that resulted in her moving away somewhere high. Unfortunately, she also lost a precious friend.

How unfortunate.

Soft footsteps echoed in the hall. Kiyoko figured it was Sui since they were the only ones living in that boring house anyway. He had begun to live with her after that incident, her parents also got into a fight, forcing her to choose which side to live with.

In the end she chose no one, she didn't want to be in the presence of both people if they're just going to fight like rabid dogs. Kiyoko was still in japan, living in a penthouse with her butler, away from her parents and friend.

' it was nice while it lasted ' She thought, still staring intensely at the book but not understanding a single word.

Her mind had gone somewhere else (totally not recalling of keisuke), thinking about how twisted her life is. The gut wrenching feeling of betrayal and non-existent guilt makes her sick, her life becoming more and more similar to a main character that dies at the end.

She didn't want any of this, she doesn't want any of this at all.

" —dy! "

" M'lady, the noodles are ready " Sui grinned, presenting a bowl of peyoung yakisoba like a child showing off his star stamp.

How similar. She dazedly glanced at Sui then to the bowl of yakisoba. Closing the book gently and putting it away, the boy put down the food on her table.

" Thanks Sui " she mumbled and was about to start eating when she noticed the boy still standing, kiyoko put down her chopsticks and looked at Sui directly in the eyes.

The boy started to squirm under her glare, sweat dropping at her gesture. " Is there anything else you want, M'lady? " He sheepishly said, nervous that he made a mistake.

" Why are you just standing there? " Kiyoko frowned.

' uhh.. What am I supposed to say?! ' Sui frantically thought.

Sigh.

" Sit down and join me, I don't think I can finish this so let's share " she motioned for the seat across from her, the boy hesitantly sat down on the expensive furniture that he would probably never be able to afford in his lifetime(jk).

He just stared, kiyoko also just stared. Waiting for the other to make the first move( why does that sound wrong— ).

Sigh. Kiyoko thought she had been sighing for the unkempt time. " Eat " she said, taking the initiative.

They ate in silence, a comfortable silence.

Sometimes kiyoko forgets that if not for sui she would've already starved to death or probably died from dehydration. He had been taking care of her since moving into the penthouse, including every single chore.