Chapter 28: Confrontation

The sound of windchimes woke Kiyoko from her sleep, abruptly sitting up as her eyes looked around in slight panic.

She had a dream, it was rather vivid. Normally she would just forget and move on to another dream.

But there was something wrong about this particular dream. One that sets it apart from her usually weird dreams that consist of her tea parties with alpaca and kenma. Seeing as she stumbled on her own feet, screaming in panic to look for her phone.

*Ring!

*Ring!—

" 'yoko? "

" Keisuke—where are you? " She almost choked on her own words out of hurry, heart beating erratically against her ribcage as cold sweat trickled down her neck.

" 'm at home, uhh… is there something wrong? Why do you sound like you ran a lot? Are you okay? " Keisuke asks, furrowing his eyebrows in worry.

Kiyoko takes a minute to compose herself, processing what happened and what kind of spirit possessed her to call Baji Keisuke at 7 in the morning the moment she opened her eyes.

The weird feeling gnawing back up to her stomach.

" 'yoko? Are you okay?? "

" Yeah—yeah, 'm fine…. Sorry for calling you this early, " She releases a shaky breath of relief, knees finally giving in as she slumps down the side of her table.

" Are you sure you're okay? " He asks again, a tone laced with a hint of demand.

" Yeah, just… " She pauses, deciding whether to actually tell him that she called because of some weird nightmare. That's kinda embarrassing though, she thought. Tints of pink adorning her tear stained cheeks.

Kiyoko takes a breath,closing her eyes to recall some bullshit to reply, " Just wanted to check if you're still sleeping in till 12 in the noon, "

"—Mean— I never did that! I like mornings you know! " He refutes, huffing ever so slightly from the other end of line.

A small smile made its way to her lips, facial expressions softening at the mere sound of Keisuke's voice.

" Then, I'll hang up now " she states, " fine, Get some more sleep, princess " he whispers with a low tone that gives Kiyoko a shiver.

" Yeah, bye Keisuke, " She whispers back, ending the call as she was unaware  of the bewildered and confused looking Baji Keisuke right now. Thinking along the lines, how nice her morning voice sounds.

Kiyoko stared at the communication device for a minute, gripping the device tightly between her hands that were slightly trembling. Her eyes wavered as short deep breaths escaped her lips.

They say dreams are like prophetic visions.

Dreams show you possible things that could happen in the future.

So what did it mean when she dreamed of Keisuke, lying in his own puddle of blood with his forefinger pointing at Kazutora?

What did Kazutora do? Why was he covered in blood?

Maybe it's still in the far future. Then she'd get a chance to save him, or at least find a way to protect him. But he looked young in that dream.