Chapter 35: Dirty little Rat

“ You should watch where you’re going, Hanagaki, “ Kiyoko scolded lightly, but Takemichi was out of focus. She frowned at his lack of response and decided to clap her hands in front of his face which made him jolt in surprise.

JEBUS CHRIS—Kiyoko-san??? What are you doing here? “ He asked dumbfoundedly. I didn’t feel her presence at all, is she some kind of ghost?!.He thought whilst trying to calm down the rapid beating of his chest.

Kiyoko was only  going out for a short walk but ended up getting lost after following a big chunky cat, fortunately and unfortunately Takemichi bumped into her. The lad has been spacing out for nearly 2 minutes after bumping into her, which she wouldn’t usually mind but it’s almost her curfew and she doesn’t want Hiroko looking for her.

“ Did Hina-san dump you? “ Kiyoko said bluntly.

Takemichi didn’t know whether to feel insulted or emo about the question but he’s in the middle of a dilemma of his own. He hadn’t seen Kiyoko or Yuri for a while but now that he encountered Kiyoko it's as if the answer he had been wanting to hear would finally be spoken. He clenched his fist, gathering the courage to say the words like the Main character he is.

“ Are you really Kiyoko-san? “ He asked, looking at her with suspicion and mixed emotions.

Kiyoko frowned at his weird behavior, “ I’m Minamoto Kiyoko, who else would I be? Did you hit your head or something? “ Now she was kinda concerned, just kinda. After all, there is a possibility that Takemichi had gone crazy after deciding to team up with Kisaki and Hanma. No one would be that stupid to collaborate with an enemy.

“ No nevermind, just—be careful. Traitors are closer to you more than you think, “ He said, revealing a bit of information from the future, trying to bait Kiyoko into confessing whether she’s like him or not. Her lack of reaction bothered Takemichi, it’s like she was assessing his intentions but at the same time he can’t read what’s on her mind.

“ Hmm, I see “ She responded, he let out an exasperated ‘eh’ whilst blinking owlishly like an idiot. What does she mean by that?. He thought.

“ I don’t understand—Are you from the future? Why does it look like you already knew? “ He blabbered on, a bit impatient with how Kiyoko seems to turn her answers into puzzles and mazes.

Kiyoko felt a bit delighted, letting her lips curve up in a small smile, “ I don’t know what you’re talking about, “ She feigned ignorance, a look of fake innocence donned on her face.

Takemichi seemed skeptical of her, narrowing his eyes at her with suspicion, he swallowed the bad feeling he had, “ Then why were you there? How did you know that Baji-san would die in the fight with Valhalla? Why do you keep on appearing at the most critical time? You’re extremely suspicious! Just—who—no—What are you? “ he angrily insisted. Fully glaring at her form.

Kiyoko took a minute of silence to compose a proper answer, Takemichi was a bit smart this time, but not smart enough to make her trust him. “ Of course I knew where Keisuke was, he told me beforehand where he was gonna be. Who gave you the idea that I’m some kind of time traveler? Aren’t you the suspicious one in here? You should be the one to answer those questions you know, “ She said coldly, taking a step forward as Takemichi felt suffocated with her presence, he took a step back as soon as her eyes stared at him. It felt like she was looking through him and his secrets, Nonetheless, it terrified him.