Chapter 37: A What?!

" I'm sorry in advance, it looks like one will have to take the bigger risk for survival. A failure is never an option. "

" I hate that guy," Kiyoko murmured.

" You hate everyone here," Hiroko commented, totally unfazed by his sisters' attitude. The latter could only grumble in annoyance as she snapped her fan close.

It was a family tradition to have yearly Christmas balls like this. Fancy lights, fancy foods, and drinks, an orchestra, some billionaires and famous celebrities here and there. Kiyoko hated the gatherings with all her might, though there wasn't anything she could do since she was a candidate for the heir position.

It was a good thing that Hiroko was there, her tolerance for gatherings like this seem to lighten when she was accompanied by someone.

Kiyoko's eyes wandered all over the ballroom, making sure that no one approached her for a dance. Her gaze settled on a girl with dark hair and ruby-like eyes, adorning a lovely puff dress that emphasized her small waist.

She scoffs at the girls' jittery outlook, " I thought she's not attending? " Kiyoko questions.

" She probably heard that you were attending," Hiroko said, handing Kiyoko a platter of assorted desserts.

" Doesn't she have anything better to do than stalk me? She's starting to be a pain in the ass. " Kiyoko mumbled, stuffing her mouth with the sweets that Hiroko handed to her.

Who is this girl, perhaps? Sora was allegedly duped into betraying Kiyoko by this girl, who also sent Kiyoko dead animals and death threats regularly. Not to mention the number of hitmen Hiroko and the twins faced. In other words, Ji-eun is the reason behind Kiyoko's current issues.

Why does she act so hostile toward Kiyoko? This happens as a result of Kiyoko gaining sudden support and power when she just appeared recently. Not to mention, the fact that Haitani Rindo was her fiance. In simplest terms, she's throwing a tantrum over a boy.

I'll get rid of you soon. Ji-eun thought as she side-eyed the silver-haired girl.

Kiyoko met her gaze and only gave her a neutral stare, as if she was mocking Ji-eun for her childish 'pranks' as she thought along the lines, I wonder if I can go home already. The only good thing she deemed worthy enough to stay for was the soft cushions and the fancy desserts. Everything else was at the level of garbage.

Sigh.

Ji-eun could only fume silently, turning crimson as her hands trembled, the anger in her rising at an exceedingly fast rate with how indifferent Kiyoko was. It was as if she was an insignificant being who was not even worth more than a pebble on the side of a road. Well, she's not entirely wrong but also not entirely right.

" Look at that constipated face, everyone's gonna think the food is bad," Kiyoko said. Not really aware of the one-sided war she incited.

The family gathering happens twice a year, one at New years and one at Christmas. Therefore, Kiyoko only has two chances to announce her new fiancee which was supposed to be today but with how bruised his face looked it would certainly raise numerous stupid questions.