Chapter 24: Distorted Future

Kiyoko was soaking wet from head to toe, having to run around the place looking for her friends.

But alas, her sense of direction had yet led her to another disaster.

She remembered Reiko's words earlier as she immediately whipped out her phone and dialed whoever's number she clicked.

*Ring!

*Ring!

Come on! Pick up the fucking phone!. Kiyoko mutters under her breath as she makes yet another turn.

*Ring!—

" PRINCESS— "

" Ambulance! Call an Ambulance—Haah— Please hurry! " She said hurriedly, having no time to waste.

The other line went on frenzy mode, sounds of clinking and clattering echoed along with hurried footsteps.

" Princess, where are you right now? Are you hurt? Don't panic we'll be there in a minute! DON'T PANIC OKAY?! " Yuuji choked out because he stubbed his toe on a table.

Kiyoko's line of sight was kinda blurry due to the rain, she looked at her surroundings, squinting her eyes, " I—Haah— I don't know— FUCK!— "

Her whole body lost balance when she accidentally slipped into something, landing on her back as she unfortunately hit her head on a decorative stone.

The loudness of white noise rang in her ears as she felt her head and lower back throb in pain. Unfortunately, her phone didn't make it through the fall and ended up in the sewers.

Kiyoko couldn't move her body due to the pain, making her want to scream multiple strings of curses and cuss out whatever made her fall so suddenly.

What a lame way to die, what am I supposed to do now? Lay here looking like dead jellyfish? Hell no, I refuse to die in such an embarrassing way! Kiyoko screams internally, getting herself to move.

Kenma bit her foot and started on trying to drag her body, and of course that was a very unsuccessful move therefore the cat just opted to paw at her shoulder, licking the crimson liquid that was trickling down Kiyoko's temples.

" Shutangina ansakit—" Kiyoko hissed, taking a deep breath.

She slowly sat up using her elbows to guide her up, making sure not to shake her head too much. Kiyoko felt pissed, looking at the source of her suffering.

Expecting a huge puddle of water or atleast a stone but instead, a banana peel was there.

And in her eyes, the banana peel was smiling down on her with a smug grin plastered on its face.

A tick mark appeared on her cheeks, getting reminded of a certain banana haired boy.

" Seriously—out of all the things out here—a fucking banana peel almost killed me?! " Her eyes flickered with anger, almost not believing how she could've died in such... unique way.

Kiyoko stood up, wobbling ever so lightly in her steps. She picked up kenma in hopes that she could feel a bit better.

" This is a secret between us kenma, I'd rather die than let anyone know what happened here " Kenma meows and nuzzles it's head on her chest, agreeing to kiyoko's words.