39

" I can't believe you actually bid 60 fucking million for that land," Koko said, completely baffled by her decisions.

60 million wasn't really that much of a big deal for Kiyoko. That much was only a month's worth of her allowance, and since she rarely used the money in her account, 60 million won't even stain her balance.

" My wallet was getting kinda heavy these days. Besides, seeing their stupid mad face is quite entertaining, " she said with a small laugh, nodding her face to a certain spot below.

Koko and Seishu looked in that direction, only to see a guy trying to rub the back of an old man who seemed to have difficulty breathing—oh wait, he just choked on juice so it wasn't that much of a big deal anyway.

" Damn, has anyone ever told you how evil you are? " Koko asked with a wry smile on his lips, a little peeved with how petty Kiyoko could be despite her mature way of speaking and choices.

" Ah, you wound my heart. I'm actually very kind and warm-hearted, " she sarcastically stated, feigning hurt by putting a hand on her chest. Though Koko doesn't really complain about how she almost made the man die of choking, seeing them in panic and disorder made him feel great in a twisted way.

" Bastard!!——" he yells, " Get that land. No matter how much it will cost! " The patriarch was furious with the interference, he was visibly shaking in anger whilst the scowl on him made him look redder than usual. The young man nodded in hesitation, heart beating rapidly, not only because of his grandfather's outburst but rather, due to their lack of funds at the moment.

We only brought 93 million yen, we didn't expect someone to cross us while we were here! He nervously thought, frantically thinking of ways to please the old patriarch. Gnawing at his fingernails whilst racking his brain in half to brainstorm ideas.

Who the fuck would even have the nerve to do this while the patriarch is here?! It was logical to not cross with the Sung family in any way. They weren't just some rich family, they were old money rich. That would mean various connections across the globe, be it military prowess, trading, or owning hundreds of estates.

And he couldn't fathom the thought of someone who would be stupid enough to make the patriarch of the said family furious. Unless they were someone of higher status.

" Sung has raised the price to 80 million! " The announcer yelled with a small laugh, he liked the drama that was about to stir within the Hugo territory. Drama means entertainment after all.

" He's not backing down, is he? " Seishu gave the Sung patriarch a heated glare that would've melted him on the spot, though that was just wishful thinking. Kiyoko pressed the keyboard yet again, this time, even the announcer was hesitant to yell out the amount.

“ 85 million yen! “

We don’t have much choice! The young man thought as he also pressed their designated keyboard.

“ 98 million yen! Is there any higher bidder?! “

“ They’re seriously going all out huh? “ Seishu muttered in disbelief, he was starting to worry about the amount of money that Kiyoko was spending.

“ Koko, “ She called out, the said guy turned to look at her with his eyebrows raised in a questioning manner.

Kiyoko pulled him by the arm, gently guiding his hands to the keyboard with a small smile on her face, “ You decide how much we bid, it’s gonna be fun “ She said so casually whilst their fingers touched ever so slightly that Kokonoi felt goosebumps appear on his skin.