Chapter 23: Kenma

•||————————||•

Date: August 3 2005

Location: Tokyo, Shibuya

Time: Evening

Kiyoko exhaled for the unkempt amount of time as she listened to Yuri talk with Hina and Emma. Turns out that Yuri goes to the same school as Emma. And Hina often volunteers in a daycare center where Yuri also volunteers from time to time.

What a twist of fate don't you think?

Not really, Kiyoko planned them all out. Making sure that Yuri is unintentionally acquainted with the two girls.

" Does Kiyoko-chan also attend the same school as both of you? " Hina asks curiously, nibbling at the apple candy in her hand.

Yuri shook her head as Emma did so. " Kiyoko-san doesn't go to school at all " Yuri informed them, a pout adorning her lips.

Hina and Emma blinked in confusion, looking at Kiyoko for answers. To which she only hummed and continued to eat her second serving of yakisoba.

Kiyoko could feel their questioning eyes boring holes in her. She let out a defeated sigh, facing forward with a bored look on her face. " I don't like school, 's boring " she casually said.

" Oh, it's fine if you say so, " Emma silently replied. Sipping on her soda.

Yeah it's fine. Kiyoko-san is smart enough to survive in this world even without going to school. Besides, she's already got too much money for her age. She won't need a job in the future. Yuri reasoned, nodding in agreement.

Hina, on the other hand, furrowed her eyebrows in worry. " But even if it's boring in school you will still need to study. You need certificates to get a job in the future! And besides, school is fun especially when your friends are there! " She said enthusiastically, trying to convince Kiyoko to attend school and think about her future.

Kiyoko softly raised her brows at Hina in an amused manner as she gulped down the last bits of the yakisoba. " But why would I need a certificate for that? I can still get a job without one " she counters, in hopes that Tachibana Hinata will continue to amuse her.

The salmon haired girl contemplated her next words, thinking deeply to give kiyoko the proper answer. " Yeah, but it'll be easier to get the job if you have certificates that prove your education. Companies usually look at their interviewees resume after all, " Her lips adorned a bright smile that Kiyoko had to look away.

" Hmm, I guess you do have a point…but…. " Kiyoko trailed off. As the three girls' faces lit up in hopes that kiyoko will or might go to the same school as them.

Kiyoko stopped on her tracks upon noticing two familiar figures. She pondered for a moment, The offer is quite reasonable with proven research behind it. She thought.

A large smile made its way up to her lips, eyes pulled up in a crescent moon. As she successfully and unknowingly charmed three maidens. " I already got my college degree a year ago so..no thanks

Takemichi and draken arrived. Kiyoko thought it was weird that both of them arrived together. But she just shrugged it off since she doesn't really remember much about the flow of the story anymore.

Hina immediately approached Takemichi, skipping in her steps cheerfully as Emma followed along to closely admire Draken's face.

Kiyoko looked at the scene in front of her, their faces didn't have an ounce of worry nor lines that indicated how stressed they've become. She thought how peaceful this is, and something peaceful like this is bound to get ruined at some point.