Chapter 8: Papers

Kiyoko's POV

Sui and shinichiro-san decided to hang out with me today. I don't know why but I've got a feeling that shinichiro-san is definitely planning something. He doesn't really visit that often because I know that he feels uncomfortable with places like these. So yeah, he's planning something.

Sigh.

I'm currently in the lobby. Apparently, mother had sent a package that I needed to sign right away.

I made sure to read everything nice and slowly so as to not miss any detail. Who knows, maybe this is actually a marriage paper and I might get tricked into marrying an old croak for the sake of the family and blah blah blah peace.

I raised a brow at the contents.

To my surprise, it was just a bunch of papers that indicated my inheritance and properties. Are they planning to disown me now?. I thought. But I guess this is better than getting arranged to marry.

" Have a great day! " Mister delivery guy waved good-bye. I sighed at the thought of being married at a young age. Jebus, I'm only 12 and I've yet to see the moon getting bombed by an octopus. Why am I even worrying about unnecessary things

Grandmother visited me last week, although it was just for a short time, she also brought me some fruits and we played jenga and her favorite game of chess.  So far, nothing interesting is happening. Or dangerous.

But the burning stare that always watches me from afar still bothers me, I don't sense any ill intent but being watched makes me feel uneasy. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid these past few years.

Anyways so—

I made my way upstairs once again. Using the VIP's elevator.

Oh right, it has been a long time since I ate peyoung yakisoba. It just gives me this nostalgic feeling that makes me sick in the stomach, I can't even remember the details anymore.

Ever since the incident 7 years ago, snippets of memories kept on appearing at random times.

Or maybe those are just dreams.

I'm not sure why the female in my dreams kept referring to herself as 'me,' because I'm pretty sure I was witnessing things from the perspective of a third party.

Sigh.

Thinking too much gives me a bad headache and having a headache pisses me off. But how can I not question everything around me?. Ever since I woke up at the hospital 6 years ago, a year after the incident, the unsettling feeling of paranoia and curiosity keeps on pestering me. I'm scared….but I can't help but be curious as to why am I so so scared.

Ding!

For now, I'll just think about everything later. I want to focus on something much more important right now.

Spending time with people I care about.

"—hard! "

" —don't know! "

I stopped in my tracks, I was about to enter the living room when I heard grunts and yells. Are they fighting? Is someone hurt?.I slightly panicked.

" pull it out!— "

"—I'm trying! "

Why does it feel like this happened before? I sweatdropped. Deja vu.