Chapter 13: Bittersweet Reunion

" Shinichiro?! What're you doing here? " Keisuke yelled, a horrified expression plastered on his face.

Shinichiro furrowed his brow, remembering why the thief's voice was familiar. Then it clicked him, an imaginary light bulb appearing.

" Keisuke?!....well, this is my shop " He said, a small smile painting his lips.

Oh no, no no no no. Keisuke chanted in his head like a madman, out of all the shops in the whole city it really had to be the shop that Shinichiro owns, Mikey's brother.

His breath was labored, as if he had run miles without water. This is bad, we gotta get out of here!—. He panicked.

Then he saw Kazutora's figure that lingered behind shinichiro. A weapon at hand. Keisuke's eyes widened in horror with his face drained out of color.

He tried to speak, but the lump caught in his throat was too heavy to lift. He needs to speak, or else something bad might happen.

" Kazutora! Don't—!!! " He finally shouted, reaching out his hand to try to stop his friend from commiting an unforgivable act that Mikey might not forgive him for.

I won't make it. He thought.

Shinichiro is gonna get hit.

Mikey's gonna be mad.

It's happening again, I really can't do anything right.

Clank.

" Agh! "

Heavy footsteps echoed in the shop, the sound of something heavy fell on the floor that it might leave a dent. Along with the fall of a body.

" I told you to bang that fucking thing twice! Not have a talk with the thieves!! " An unfamiliar voice boomed with anger that was laced with worry.

The unfamiliar person had kicked Kazutora out of the way, making him fall on the floor and his grip on the weapon loosened. It seemed like his fall made him lose consciousness.

Keisuke was relieved for a millisecond before remembering that they got caught, and the other person seemed really…...not happy with how kazutora was planning on almost killing Shinichiro.

" Oh.. sorry 'bout that—" Shinichiro nervously chuckled, rubbing the back of his head.

The other person smacked his arm, " —If I was a second late you could've died! Stop laughing! " He nagged.

" Tie them up, " the stranger commanded, to which Shinichiro shook his head.

He put a hand on the unfamiliar man's shoulder, " Don't bother, we're gonna release them anyway. "

" Have you gone crazy? These bastards just tried to kill you and you're gonna let them go? Unbelievable. " The stranger huffed in annoyance, turning his gaze towards keisuke.

" (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ " - sui ( unfamiliar guy )

" •́  ‿ ,•̀ ) " - keisuke

Keisuke can feel it. He almost pissed his pants, he was literally shivering from head to toe. However, the annoyed look on the unfamiliar person's face was immediately replaced with surprise.

Keisuke gulped in nervousness. This person was staring at him too much. Are they gonna beat us up?!. He thought, eyes not daring to break away from the strangers stare.