Chapter 26: Suspicions

Along a certain street in Tokyo, a young man with bright orange khakis with the word 'outlaw' splayed over wore the most smug looking smile I have ever seen.

And honestly he looked lame in them.

The said young man is on his way to visit an injured Egghead, whilst showing off his bandaged hand and basking in his juniors' praises.

" Hanagaki? Sendo-san? " Kiyoko calls out, voice laced with confusion and slight disgust to whatever kind of fashion sense Takemitchy is wearing.

Takemitchy's eyes blinked owlishly at the sight of her ethereality, " K-kiyoko-san!? " He stammers, staring stupidly at her like he had seen a ghost.

Atsushi Sendo slapped the back of his head, successfully pulling him out of his stupor. Muttering along the lines about how rude it is to stare at a person for too long.

But he just couldn't help but do so. Takemitchy's been trying hard all on his own to save everyone and now that Draken didn't die and Kiyoko didn't disappear, he feels elated enough to cry, again.

" Are you okay now? You seem...paler than usual, " Kiyoko says, walking beside Takemitchy as her left eye twitches every time her eyes catch a glimpse of his overalls.

Oblivious as he is, Takemitchy awkwardly scratches the back of neck, lips curving up in a wry smile. " Yeah, I just lost some sleep but I feel fine now! "

Kiyoko eyed his injured hand, noticing how the thickness reduced, " I see….Hanagaki, don't tell anyone what happened that night……. Even to Mikey " her voice held it's same tone but even an idiot like him can feel the threat spilling out of her lips.

He swallowed down his nervousness, opting to stay quiet rather than ask her questions.

Even if he was curious.

She halted on her steps, which made Takemitchy stop in his tracks with a confused expression plastered on his face, " Kiyoko-san?? " He says,

Kiyoko gives him a glance before scoffing lightly, passing by Takemitchy to use the staircase.

" Don't meddle with the future too much, "

Her voice was merely a whisper in the wind and yet Takemitchy still heard her.

Did he hear her right or is he just overhearing things? There's no way she knows that he's a time-leaper right?

Right?

He ran to Kiyoko, grabbing her by the wrist as his face held two prominent emotions.

Curiosity and fear.

" Just now...what did you say? " his voice was shaky, and by now he's quite sure that even she can hear how hard his heart was beating.

Kiyoko stared at his dumb looking face with the same bored expression she has everyday, sighing out as she mutters how troublesome he is being right now. She yanks her hand away from his grasp, looking at Takemichi straight in the face,

" I said be careful next time, attacking head on isn't always the solution…" she states, not leaving him enough time to answer as she drags her feet towards the hospital's rooftop.