Chapter 29

" What're you doing!? Let go of the pot! " Reiko exclaims in panic, pulling Kiyoko away and setting down the food.

" Yuuji get the first aid! Hurry! " She barks out, running water to Kiyoko's burned palms. Yuuji skidded through the hallway and bathroom to frantically look for the first aid kit, hurriedly running back and ignoring the toe he had stubbed on the way.

There were no words spoken as Reiko performed first aid to Kiyoko's burn, spreading cream all over the burned parts and wrapping them in cool bandages.

" Are you okay now princess? Does it still hurt? Is she alright now? Gorilla you better do your job properly— " He buries her in questions filled with concern till a glaring Reiko slapped the back of his head.

" I am doing my job properly dumbo! " She scolded, averting her gaze back to Kiyoko who was still silent. Not even a hint of pain being shown on her face,

She guided kiyoko to a chair and gave her a glass of water, to which the latter accepted.

Reiko furrowed her eyebrows, scrunching up her nose like she was looking through Kiyoko's mind, " Is something bothering you? Anything we can do about it? " She asks, " You've been spacing out quite a lot these days, " 

Yuuji suddenly perks up at the thought of beating up people, " Yeah! Who's bothering you?! I'm gonna have a talk with them! " He huffs, pulling his sleeve up and flexing his muscles.

Kiyoko didn't spare them a glance, only humming in response.

" I'm going out for a walk, don't follow me " kiyoko commanded, softly padding her way towards the entrance and swiftly putting on her boots.

" Don't be out till 11, take care Lil missy " Reiko bowed, as did Yuuji. Both of them glancing at each other and nodding in agreement.

Not a word to Sora and leader//. They both thought in unison, watching as kiyoko only hummed and walked out of the door.

" Man, did she break up with her secret lover? " Reiko grumbles, making Yuuji blink twice to process what she had said.

His obsidian eyes comically enlarged in surprise and dread, " SHE'S GOT A LOVER?! " He yells,

" Who knows, a woman's intuition can never be wrong in this field you know, " She says with smugness, flipping her curly hair.

Yuuji stares at her blankly, " I don't see any woman here, only a gorilla— "

" Let me have my moment stupid dumbo! " 

" AHH! STOP! YOU'RE TWISTING MY BACK! "

Kiyoko walked aimlessly, letting her feet go somewhere it shouldn't be. It has been almost a week since their argument, and even though kiyoko had repeatedly reminded herself that things are better this way. The gnawing feeling of dread still tries to crawl up from her stomach, something bad is gonna happen. She knows, it's not like this was the first time she felt this at all.

She wore a thin layer of clothing, not bothering to grab a jacket or a cardigan to cover herself. Even her socks were mismatched but let's not talk about it. Unfortunately, the wind was stronger during this time of the night and she could feel how cold it was by how much she was shivering under the street light of a playground.