Chapter 19

•||—————————————————————||•

Mikey...that dumbass. Kiyoko thought, internally sulking at their interaction earlier.

" Uahh, Draken-san's so scary " Yuri sighed in relief once they exited the mall.

Kiyoko hummed in response. Still thinking about what happened.

I don't understand why he doesn't want me to meet them.

Am I not worthy enough to be introduced?

Even Takemichi got introduced to them even though they weren't that close.

This is so fucking frustrating. Kiyoko grumbled.

Yuri felt that something was wrong with Kiyoko. Call it instinct if you may.

Ever since that Mikey guy dragged her out, Kiyoko-san has been in a sour mood. Just what in the world did he do to make her upset?. Yuri thought, swinging their intertwined hands back and forth like a kid.

And Yuri understands better than anyone how important it is not to irritate Kiyoko. It's not like she'll become physically violent, but her emotional state will be in shambles, forcing her to stay in the office for a day or two.

Sigh.

That blond kid is an idiot. Yuri concluded.

Yuri, of course, was aware of this, despite Kiyoko's friendly demeanor toward others. She is not easily persuaded. Her secrets are only known to a few select individuals.

Even Hiroko and Sui don't know her secret.

Yuri giggled to herself, the feeling of pride and happiness spreading in her heart. That simple thought was enough to make her mood better than ever for the day.

Minamoto kiyoko's effect is certainly something.

The said girl halted in her steps, making Yuri also stop in her tracks.

A look of confusion and wonder plastered in her face. Her brows formed in a frown, " kiyoko-san, is something wrong? " She asked.

Kiyoko looked to her left; it was a familiar location. But instead of a pleasant flashback, she was struck by a dreadful one. Her gaze was drawn to a location she had never expected to visit, even in the distant future.

" Yuri, can you go back first? I have an appointment with some people " she said softly,

Yuri was puzzled at first. So she followed Kiyoko's gaze, and her heart sank at that moment.

She finally got the point of what Kiyoko was saying and untangled their intertwined hands. Her pinkish lips now have a small smile on them.

" I understand, please come back safely " with that, kiyoko only hummed in response. Not once did her eyes leave the sight.

Albeit hesitantly, Yuri left with a sympathetic expression plastered on her face.

Kiyoko felt the breeze sway along with her hair. The clicks of her heel echoed in the empty place. Well, it'd be strange if the place was filled with people to begin with.

It was a shame she didn't bring any presents with her. They must've been so lonely, it has been quite a long time since she visited after all. She finally stopped.