Chapter 34: Two truths One lie

|| December 24th ||
|| 11:45 am ||

Kiyoko’s POV

The smell of damp pine trees made the usually polluted air seem fresh and clean. I’m surprised with how quiet it is seeing as I could even hear my boots crunching in the frosty layer of snow. Normally, I would be at home with a cup of tea or hot chocolate at hand to warm up my cold hands.

Sigh.

My eyes caught sight of a family having a great time inside a very cozy looking cafe, though I don’t have any rights to feel this way, the radiant smiles on their faces makes me feel annoyed and queasy. I had no time to dawdle on such useless things like that, it sickens me to the core that even in this life, I can’t even have a good childhood. The only good thing that I’ve come across so far is meeting Baji Keisuke and Jeong-suk Yuri.

It would’ve been nice if I had met them in my first life.

“ If they did, then it would probably motivate me to live a longer life “ I muttered under my breath, continuing my short walk to the Hospital where Keisuke resides for the meantime.

A wave of warm air immediately greeted me as soon as I entered the building. I shrugged off my coat since someone offered to take them away for me. One of the trusted nurses I personally picked trotted over to me with a clipboard in her arms, a sense of urgency was hinted at her facial expression, “ It has been a while, I have a report to make regarding the patient you assigned me, “ she began to walk beside me whilst matching my pace, frantically fumbling with her clipboard.

“ We can talk about it later, I have to check on him first, “ I said, giving her a brief glance and walking to the last room with a diamond plaque above. The nurse—whom I recall was called Catherine—nodded on my words and opened the door for me with a slight bow.

THWACK!!

To think that a pillow would be the one to greet me first—that actually kinda hurts, I feel like my nose is gonna bruise from the impact. I stumbled a bit, the pillow fell to my feet as soon as I was backed to the door. Seriously, for someone who was injured, he sure is lively.

My eyes barely made contact with him but I could see the way he reached out his hand in concern, “ Nice throw, Keisuke, “ I said, “ but it would be nice to give me a heads up first “

He groaned, “ I wasn’t gonna aim at you, “ he turned to face away from me, eyebrows scrunched together with the prominent scowl on his face, “ They wouldn’t let me out, I feel like I’m gonna rot in this hellhole “ but now that I see it, rather than being annoyed, he was actually sulking.

Sigh.

I carefully made my way beside him, sitting in his warm duvet and feeling it sink down by my weight.

A small smile made its way to my face, carefully picking out the right words to tell him, “ Kei, I’m gonna consult the doctor if it's alright for you to take a walk in the garden but for now please be mindful of your injury, “ I said as softly as possible to him. I brought up my hand to caress his hair, so soft, kinda feels like I’m touching silk fabric, “ I don’t want you to overexert yourself, the sooner you get better, the sooner you’ll get out of here “

“ I don’t understand, Even Draken recovered faster than me and why are my legs affected even though I only got a stab wound? “ He complained. leaning into my touch discreetly.