six

A few weeks have passed. Edlyn was preparing to study at her father's hospital university, Park Medical University. Her family was also preparing for her wedding, settling the designs and venue. She didn't want to think about the wedding since it would get her frustrated and annoyed. After the discussion at the cafe, she and Jake haven't met since then. They both couldn't find a reason to meet each other so why bother?

Jay parked the car at the parking lot of the university. She got out of the car and looked around, seeing students talking to each other and some were reading books alone. A few girls approached them to greet Jay, "Hi, Professor Jay! How are you?"

He smiled, "I'm fine, thank you. Don't you have class in a few minutes?"

"We're supposed to but Professor Sunghoon is absent today. He had an urgent surgery to handle."

The girls bid goodbye, giving a confused look at Edlyn. She looked at her brother, "Are you aware that they were trying to flirt with you?"

"Yes, that's why I hate it when I have classes. Let's go, I'm showing you your class and professor. Dad has arranged which class you'll be joining so just bear with it."

She rolled her eyes and walked ahead, leaving him behind. She looked at the interior of the university. It looked expensive and modern.

"So, Sunghoon teaches here too?" She asked since she remembered the girls earlier mentioned Sunghoon.

Sunghoon was known as one of the handsome neurosurgeons in the Park Specialist Hospital. She used to have a crush on him when she was in high school. At that time, he and Jay were studying for their entrance exam. She would hide in the corner and watch Sunghoon study in the living room.

When she was about to confess, she saw him kissing a girl behind an operating room when she was visiting the hospital. He was also known for being a playboy. That was why she decided not to fool around with guys like that. He also knew she had a crush on him and would tease her 24/7 whenever they met.

"Yeah, basically my friends and I teach here. So you'll probably see Sunghoon or maybe Jake?"

She frowned when she heard Jake's name. Jay led her to a class and opened the door, "Your new student is here."

Her eyes widened when she saw Jake at the podium, wearing his glasses as he was in the middle of teaching. He also frowned when he saw her and motioned for her to take a seat.

"Behave and be nice. I'll pick you up later for lunch," Jay said before leaving her. She took a deep breath and walked to a seat at the back, avoiding making eye contact with the professor at the front. Jake sighed and continued with the lesson.

The class ended and it was finally lunchtime. Edlyn packed her things and stood up before a girl caught her attention. She had long, soft-looking hair. She was tall and slim, pretty and looked like she also came from a wealthy family. She approached Jake and smiled, "Professor, are you busy during lunch?"

He smiled and shook his head, "No. I don't have any surgeries to handle today."

"Then, can we eat lunch together?"

He looked at Edlyn who was watching them the whole time. She looked away and walked down the stairs from the seats. Jake sighed and smiled again, "Sorry, but I'm having lunch with Professor Heeseung. And it wouldn't be nice if people see us together since I'm getting married..."

The girl's eyes widened in surprise, "Oh... I didn't know you're getting...married?"

"It's okay, Han Sorin. Please study chapter seven more, okay? You're very weak at that chapter and I expect you to score higher than your grade before for the exam next month."

Sorin bowed before glancing at Edlyn. She then left the room, leaving the professor and Edlyn alone. She scoffed, "You know you don't have to stay loyal to me even when we're getting married. It's not like we're marrying each other for love. You can cheat, I also can. We can see someone else while being married so I don't mind."

"Still, it would feel weird for me to cheat on you. But if you want then I don't mind," he said, eyes fixed to his books. She sneered and muttered under her breath, "Now he makes me look like a playgirl, ugh."

She immediately left the classroom and saw her brother leaning against the wall next to the door. Jay smiled, "How's the class?"

"So boring! I may be studying to be a surgeon but I hate it! But I have to take over dad's company so I don't have that much choice."

"Slowly, Edlyn. I used to hate being a neurosurgeon but you'll get used to it eventually."

She watched her brother walk ahead of her until a familiar male figure approached them. She exhaled tiredly and looked away before he spoke up, "Park Edlyn! Long time no see!"

"Yes, Sunghoon," she avoided his gaze as she tried to walk past him. He smirked, "You can't escape me. Your brother and I will have lunch together."

She looked at Jay who was checking his phone, "I thought it was just the both of us?"

"It was originally planned with Sunghoon but if you want, you can join."

"Nevermind, I'll have lunch by myself," she rolled her eyes, annoyed with the flirty professor/neurosurgeon.

Sunghoon smirked, "Your sister couldn't move on?"

"She's still annoyed. I mean who wouldn't when you suddenly see your long-time crush kissing someone else?" Jay answered and they both went to the cafeteria.