thirty-one

Edlyn smiled happily as she drank her milk, walking next to Jake. They both bumped into Sorin who was looking at them with a confused expression. "You guys came together?" She asked. Jake smiled softly, "There was an issue this morning. That's why I came here with her. Shall we go to class?"

Sorin nodded and they both walked ahead of Edlyn. She turned around to look at the wife before rolling her eyes. Edlyn scoffed and folded her arms, "She does know that Jake is my husband, right?"

She was about to walk to class until a voice stopped her, "Edlyn!"

Heeseung ran towards her as he waved happily. His other hand held a paper bag from a chocolate store. He panted when he reached her and handed her the bag, "Here. I bought them for you on the way here."

She checked the paper bag and gasped excitedly when she saw lots of mint chocolate in the bag. "How do you know I love mint chocolate?" She asked. "Jay mentioned it before," he answered, happy that she loved the gift.

"Good luck in class!" He said before walking away, rushing to his class. She smiled and held the bag tightly as she hummed a melody. She went to Jake's class with a huge smile on her face.

"What to do when you're dealing with a patient who-" Jake started his lesson. Edlyn ignored him, sketching in her small notebook. She rested her head on the palm of her left hand.

"Who knows the answer to this question?" Jake asked. Sorin raised her hand, assuming that he would choose her. His attention stopped at his wife who was not focusing during the lesson.

"Park Edlyn. Answer the question," he smirked as he leaned against the podium. He had his sleeves rolled up, earning her attention. She examined him, from his neat hair to his expensive leather shoes.

"You are not focusing, Park Edlyn. You might as well leave the class," he frowned before opening his book again. She glanced at Hojun who was making fun of her, telling her to leave. She grabbed her bag and walked away from her seat before leaving the class. She slammed the door, making Jake and the other students flinch in surprise.

Edlyn took a deep breath as she reached the entrance to the Park Specialist Hospital. She walked in and widened her eyes in fear as soon as she saw Jay and Sunghoon. The two men in front of her looked at her confusedly. Sunghoon approached her, "Edlyn, aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"Umm, yes?" She chuckled nervously. Jay furrowed his eyebrows, "Then why are you here?"

"I was kicked out of class," she answered. "By who?" Sunghoon and Jay asked in sync. "Jake," she muttered quietly, lowering her gaze.

"Did you do something to upset him?" Her brother asked again. She didn't know what to say. She wasn't sure if her brother knew her husband had a girlfriend. She just nodded to the question, "Can I skip class for today? Please?"

"No," Jay answered as he checked his phone. She pouted and watched as the two older men walked away.

Jake took off his glasses as he opened the door to Heeseung's office. He closed the door as he saw Heeseung doing some work on his computer. Jake approached his desk and put down the files that he brought.

"I need you to sign these before tomorrow," he said. He was about to walk away until Heeseung stopped him, "Jake. Sit down."

The professor obeyed and sat across from him. Heeseung sighed, "You're dating Sorin, right?" Jake nodded and smiled nervously, "What's wrong?"

"You wouldn't mind if Edlyn dates someone else, right?"

Heeseung's question made his smile fade. He lowered his gaze and nodded, "Yeah."

"I just want you to know that I like Edlyn. I hope you understand. And I wish you all the best with Sorin. I will try my best to win Edlyn's heart."

Jake's heart dropped and he chuckled softly before nodding, "Good luck. She's better with you anyway." With that, he left the office, thinking about I'm Heeseung's words over and over again.