ten

Edlyn smiled as she finished cooking breakfast. She was planning to cook for herself but what could go wrong if she cooks for her husband too, right? She served the food on the dining table and went to Jake's room, knocking on the door. The door opened, revealing Jake already in his scrubs and doctor coat.

"What?" He asked coldly. She gulped and looked away, "I made breakfast." He walked away and fixed his watch on his wrist, "I don't eat breakfast. You can throw it away."

She scoffed and took off her slippers, trying to throw them at him but stopped herself. He put on his shoes and looked at her, "I won't be at the university today. You can ask anyone to send you home. Jay and I will have an important surgery to handle today. You can either ask your friends or other professors."

He left the penthouse, leaving her speechless. She didn't know he could be that cold. She didn't have any friends yet and she didn't know that many professors at the university except him, Jay, Sunghoon and Heeseung.

Why didn't I get a driver's license?

She walked back to the kitchen to tidy up the mess. She took off her apron and sighed, "It's okay. I can put up with that. Lesson number one, don't cook anything for him."

She waited for half an hour to get on a bus that drives to Park Medical University. She realised she was already a few minutes late and started to panic. Her first class was with Heeseung and she already came late before so she didn't want to repeat the same mistake.

She got off the bus and ran towards the entrance. She didn't care if she bumped into the people around her. She barged into the class and panted tiredly, "Sorry, Professor Heeseung!"

"You're late again, Edlyn," he said, his eyes not lifting from the book he was holding. The students watched as she made her way to her usual seat. She glanced to her right and saw Hojun smirking at her. She glared at him before rolling her eyes, ignoring him.

The class went on as usual. Heeseung was teaching the class how to perform surgery. Then, he would show a video explaining the human organs.

The class ended and all the students left the class except her. She walked shyly towards Heeseung and lowered her gaze, "Excuse me, Professor Heeseung."

He hummed in response and smiled at her. She exhaled heavily, "Can you drive me to the hospital after school? I want to see my dad."

"Where's Jake?" He asked confusedly. "He has an important surgery to handle today. It might take 18 hours for it to finish."

He smiled and nodded, "Okay, anything for you." She blushed when he said that and left the class instantly. She walked through the hallway, her mind escaping from reality. She flinched when a female voice yelled her name, "Edlyn-ah!"

She immediately turned around and saw Daera running towards her, giving her a tight hug. She hugged back, "Oh my God! What are you doing here?! I thought you wanted to continue your studies in America."

"Didn't we plan to study and work together? So here I am!" Her friend said, pulling away from the hug to take a good look at Edlyn, "Look at you! Sorry I couldn't make it to your wedding. But I did send a housewarming gift tho. It'll arrive probably today."

"Thanks. Want to have lunch with me?" Edlyn offered happily as she linked her arm with Daera. They both walked together to the cafeteria, earning attention from the students around them.

"So, how's your husband? What's he like?" Daera asked excitedly as she fed herself some rice. "He's cold and arrogant. We got married just for the benefit that we'll get later. He'll get promoted and I'll get to take over the hospitals."

Daera nodded and avoided her gaze because she knew what Edlyn was going to ask after, "So, did you meet my brother?"

Daera frowned and sighed, "I tried to avoid him. I felt awful rejecting him before I went to America. Does he still have a crush on me?"

"I can't tell. He rarely speaks about it. But he also doesn't want to be in a relationship when I tried to set him up on a blind date."

"I don't want to date anyone. I just want to be a surgeon and then become rich so that I can be a rich single hot aunt."

Edlyn laughed and drank some soup. She lifted her head as she saw a familiar figure approaching her, "What do you want?"

"If it isn't Kang Daera. I thought you're dead in America. Too bad you're still alive," Hojun said. "You son of a b-" Daera was about to stand up and beat the hell out of him but Edlyn stopped her, pulling her to sit down.

"Daera, Daera. You're still the same, just a sidekick for Edlyn. You do know that you can never be as rich and popular as her. So why bother being friends with her?" Hojun provoked her more. Edlyn let go of her best friend's hand and Daera instantly stood up before punching him in the face.

"You son of a bitch!"

The fight earned attention from everyone, including the professors who were having lunch. "Edlyn!" Sunghoon called worriedly as he saw what was happening. He scurried towards them and tried to pull Daera away from Hojun but ended up getting punched in the face by her.

"Sunghoon!" Edlyn helped him get up, seeing his nose bruised already. Hojun cupped his nose as blood kept oozing out, "You psycho!"

"Yeah keep provoking me like that and I'll have your dick cut, you dumbass!" Daera was about to take off her shoe to smack him with it but stopped when she saw the professor behind her with a bruised nose.

"Professor!" She widened her eyes.