thirty

Edlyn felt her head cramped. She opened her eyes slowly and realised that she was sleeping on Jake's arm. She flinched and immediately sat up, trying to remember what happened. He was sleeping soundly next to her, still in his dreamland.

Memories started flooding her mind and she remembered about her nightmare and how he helped her to calm down. She frowned when she remembered that she told him to stay next to her.

"So we're sleeping together now? Ugh," she got off the bed to go to the kitchen. She put on the apron before heating the pan on the stove. The scene of Jake hugging her started floating in her mind. She shrugged it off and smacked her head continuously, "Stop it!"

She poured oil on the pan and cut some vegetables, still trying to stop thinking about her husband.

"You woke up?" Jake asked as he approached her. Her eyes widened and she tried to stay calm. She didn't even want to face him because of what she requested last night, for him to stay. She didn't mean to, it just came out of her mouth like that.

"I suddenly felt hungry," she chuckled nervously as she stir-fried the vegetables on the pan. "What are you cooking?" He asked curiously. She cleared her throat, "Omelette."

While waiting for the eggs to cook, she felt thirsty. She opened the fridge and smiled when she saw the mint chocolate flavoured milk she bought the day before. She opened it and drank before wiping her mouth. Jake suddenly stood up and walked towards her.

"What are you doing?" Edlyn backed away nervously until her back hit the fridge. He snatched the milk and drank at the same spot she drank. "Yah! I thought you hated mint choco! You finished my milk!" She yelled angrily as he gulped down the milk.

"I still hate it," he said blankly before leaving the kitchen. "Then why did you still drink it?!" She asked again out of annoyance.

He walked to his bedroom before muttering, "Because you like it."

Heeseung walked around in his favourite chocolate store. He stopped by at the mint chocolate section and smiled, remembering that Jay said Edlyn loves the flavour so much. He took the most expensive chocolate bar and bought three of them. He thanked the cashier before leaving the store.

Edlyn made sure she had her bus card with her. She was about to leave the house until Jake called her. She turned around and hummed in response. "I'll send you to the university," he said before opening the entrance door.

She arched an eyebrow confusedly, "But you always pick up Sorin-"

"Not today. Besides, you might want to open your social media. Reporters have started to feel weird about our marriage. Probably because we rarely go out together," he explained. She scoffed and looked away, "Probably because you're so stupid for dating someone else in public."

"Why? Jealous?" He smirked. She glared, "Why should I? I can have whoever I want. I can just snap my fingers and men would queue up to date me."

"Oh really?" He went into the elevator and leaned against the wall, looking at her in amusement. She nodded and smirked as the elevator door opened, revealing an old janitor man holding his mop and bucket.

"There's your guy," Jake laughed before leaving her behind. She apologised to the man before chasing after her husband. "That wasn't the man I was talking about," she cleared her throat out of embarrassment.

The car ride was silent. Edlyn was still ashamed after embarrassing herself in front of Jake. She looked at the view outside before seeing a convenience store. She held Jake's hand, "Stop the car! Let's go there!"

"We have class in 20 minutes. You want to go there?" He frowned. She pouted and let go of his hand before lowering her gaze. He sighed and turned the car to the side, driving towards the convenience store. She looked at him confusedly, "I thought we're going straight to the university."

"I'll give you 10 minutes to shop in the store," he said as he parked the car at the parking lot. She smiled and quickly got out before scurrying towards the store. She went straight to the cold beverage section to search for her mint choco flavoured milk.

She grabbed two boxes and looked at Jake who approached her. "I bought one for you so you wouldn't take mine," she smiled and handed him a box. "I don't drink mint choco," he walked away to the counter.

She rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Then why did you take mine? You are a confusing man."

She put the milk on the counter as he took out his wallet to pay for them. After that, they both left the store.