eight

Edlyn walked slowly to her class, looking at the floor and ignoring all the students who glanced at her. She knocked on the classroom door and opened it, seeing Heeseung in the middle of teaching. She slowly walked in and lowered her gaze, "I'm sorry that I'm late, professor."

Heeseung approached her and patted her shoulder, "I heard what happened. It's alright. Go take a seat."

She nodded and sat at the seat in the back. A few minutes passed and Heeseung was showing a video of neurosurgeons performing surgery. There was blood oozing everywhere and organs were shown. She flinched and looked away, feeling uncomfortable. She started questioning whether she wants to be a surgeon or not.

"Ms Park Edlyn? Is everything okay?" Heeseung asked worriedly. She exhaled heavily and nodded, "Yes, professor."

She watched her brother who was in the video perform surgery. He looked so charismatic and cool that made her envious. When her brother cut something using the scissors, blood splashed out, staining his medical mask.

She wanted to vomit, wanted to faint but she couldn't. She didn't even know why she agreed to be a surgeon in the first place. Heeseung sensed that she was uncomfortable and smiled softly before turning off the video, "That's it for today. I want you to study chapter 5 and we will have a mini quiz tomorrow."

The students thanked him before leaving the class. Edlyn walked down the stairs and was about to walk to the door before her arm was grabbed gently. "Edlyn," Heeseung called her. "Yes, professor," she looked at him out of confusion.

"Are you uncomfortable with the video just now?" He asked softly. She sighed, "I'll get rid of that behaviour, professor. I'm sorry if I disturbed you just now."

He chuckled, "It's okay. I used to be disgusted with it too. Your brother too. But eventually, we got used to it. Because we thought about the number of lives we're saving."

She nodded before bowing and leaving the class.

Jake waited as he glanced at his watch continuously. When Edlyn walked out of the class, he fixed his posture. She rolled her eyes when she saw him, "What?"

"Jay told me to send you home," he folded his arms. She scoffed and glared at him, "I can go home by myself."

She turned away and saw Hojun watching them both. She didn't want him to know something was fishy between her and Jake. She faced her future husband again and sighed in defeat, "Let's go."

Jake walked ahead of her, already holding the car keys. She tagged along from behind as he led her to his car. She thought he was going to open the car door for her like how Jay always did but she shouldn't put her expectations too high. He ignored her and got into the driver's seat.

He brought down the passenger seat's window and looked at her, "Are you coming?" She sighed and got in, putting on her seatbelt. The car ride was silent, she could even hear the dust flying around. It was so awkward so she tried to turn on the radio.

Her favourite song was on and she smiled happily before bobbing her head to the beat. He got annoyed and turned the radio off, "This is my quiet time."

She glared at the man next to her before looking away, cursing at him under her breath. She remembered something and widened her eyes, "Can you drive me to the hospital? I want to see my dad."

"Jay is taking care of him and he knew you were going to ask me this. No, he doesn't want you to bother Mr Park."

"But, he's my dad! Ugh, you are so annoying!" She spat and folded her arms, pouting.

Jake parked the car in the driveway, watching her open the car door before getting out. He got out also and called her, "Yah, about the marriage."

She sighed tiredly and faced him, "Please, don't bring this up."

"I just wanted to tell you, just because we're marrying each other doesn't mean you will have a green card to pass the exams easily. Since I'm your professor, I might as well train you hard so that you would become the best surgeon. I will treat you like how I treat other students."

"I didn't ask you to spoil me. And don't get your hopes up. Once we're divorced, we can both forget about all this," she said before walking into the house, leaving him outside.