twenty

Jake and Edlyn ate their dinners silently, earning confused looks from the grandparents. Jake glanced at his wife next to him before mumbling, "Can you pass me the chicken?"

She silently handed the plate of chicken, avoiding his gaze. He cleared his throat and grabbed the plate. Mrs Sim got annoyed, "Why are you both so awkward? Did you see each other naked for the first time or?"

"No!" They both said in sync. Mr Sim chuckled, smirking in relief. Edlyn smiled, "Nothing happened. We just had a big fight, didn't we?" She glared at her husband, clenching her fist. He nodded and forced himself to smile while munching his food, "She's right. We fought over the phone."

"You both are still kids. So adorable," Mrs Sim said as she continued eating. Edlyn wanted to eat peacefully but the sight of her husband being naked was still visible in her head. Looking at the bright side, at least it made her forget about the nightmare, right?

I am never being naked ever again, Jake thought and closed his eyes, cursing at himself for being so stupid. Edlyn cleared her throat before mumbling, "Can you pass me the eggs?"

He avoided her gaze and put the plate of eggs next to her.

After helping Mrs Sim wash the dishes, Edlyn wiped her hands until she heard people talking loudly in the living room. She looked at the old lady confusedly, "Do you have some people over? Why is it so noisy?"

"Oh, those are your grandfather's friends. They all live nearby. Since there are only two people in this house, we always invite people over to brighten up the atmosphere. But since you and Jake are here, the more the merrier."

She followed Mrs Sim to the living room and widened her eyes when she saw Yang Jungwon, the famous member of Enhypen. She has always been their big fan. She immediately sat next to Jake and whispered, "How did you know about Yang Jungwon?"

"My grandparents are close to his grandparents. He comes here a lot recently," he explained. He watched as his wife bowed at the singer shyly and scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Unbelievable," he muttered under his breath. "This is my granddaughter-in-law, Park Edlyn. Her brother is a close friend to my grandson."

"Jungwon is two years older than Edlyn, right?" Mrs Sim asked. Edlyn nodded and blushed. Jungwon smiled, "Then, that means we could be best friends, right?"

"Yes," she said excitedly but Jake also said, "No."

She glared at the man next to her and was about to smack him but stopped herself. Jake could feel his blood boiling, why is she acting like this? Why am I acting like this? Am I jealous? Oh, please!

A few minutes have passed. Edlyn listened to Jungwon as he spoke about his career and his recent hobbies. She blushed and smacked Jake's arm happily, telling him to listen to the singer too. Jake winced in pain and nodded, telling her to stop so that he could listen.

"So handsome," she muttered, making Jake hear her. He scoffed and rolled his eyes, Wah, I couldn't believe what I'm seeing right now. She has her husband right next to her but continues to fangirl over another guy?

"So, Edlyn, what do you do for a living?" Jungwon asked. She blushed, "Umm, I'm still studying to be a surgeon. I'm going to work at my father's hospital."

"Your father owns hospitals?" It was the singer's turn to be interested. Edlyn talked to him about how the hospitals were founded and some other medical things, earning his full attention.

Jake folded his arms, "I'm a surgeon too," he pouted. Mrs Sim chuckled when she recognised the familiar pouty face, "Are you okay, Jake?"

He nodded and went to sit next to his grandmother.

Edlyn skipped happily as she hummed a melody from one of Enhypen's songs. She opened the bedroom door and saw Jake reading a book on his bed. She sat on the couch and felt glaring eyes staring at her.

"Are you satisfied after meeting Jungwon?" He asked. She smiled, "Isn't he handsome? He looks so cool talking about his career just now. I can't believe your family is friends with his family."

He closed his book and approached her before leaning forward so that his face was the same level as hers, "If I do this, does it make you blush like how Jungwon did to you?"

She couldn't mutter any words as she stared at his eyes. Her heart pounded faster than the original pace. He felt butterflies in his stomach and pulled away before clearing his throat.

"Get some sleep. Grandma is taking us shopping tomorrow," he said before going back to his bed.