thirty-five

Edlyn binged on snacks as she hid in the kitchen, letting the guests and her family talk to each other. It was better that they didn't see her at all. She gulped down the chocolate cookies and wiped the tears that formed in her eyes. She sobbed quietly and bit her bottom lip to stop the tear from trickling down.

"Hey," Jake approached her and leaned against the counter next to her, folding his arms. She looked at him and sobbed, "They were right tho. My mother died because of me."

"Just ignore them. You didn't do anything wrong," he sighed. "My mom used to bring me to the beach. Then we would play with the waves. Just the two of us. Because my dad focuses on Jay too much, I felt left out." She smiled to herself, remembering the memories she had.

"We can recreate the memory again," He said out of the blue and blushed, looking away. Her eyes widened and she cleared her throat, feeling her cheeks warm.

Sorin sat down on the seat across from Hojun before ordering a coffee from the waiter next to them. She exhaled tiredly, "So, what did you plan?"

"You already gave me Edlyn's address but I need the passcode to their door."

"180806," she answered. He chuckled in amusement, "I think you better leave your boyfriend. He seems to love his wife so much that he made his wife's birth date into a passcode. How did you even get the address and the passcode?"

Sorin glared at him after hearing him say that the passcode was Edlyn's birth date. She frowned, "Jake invited me before to go to his house but I refused. I didn't want to see that bitch."

"Anyway, about the plan. I'm assuming the married couple is at her brother's birthday party. Let's just wait until they both go home. I've prepared a surprise in Edlyn's bedroom," Hojun smirked.

Jake opened the door for Edlyn as she walked into the house tiredly. Her eyes were still swollen from all the crying she did in the kitchen. "I'll prepare dinner. You go rest," Jake said as he took off his coat.

She nodded and went to her room before screaming, "Argh!"

She fell and shivered in fear as she saw bleeding corpses on her bed. Her body started to shake and her eyes formed more tears. Her head started spinning when she saw the blood dripping off the bed.

Jake immediately ran towards her and gasped in shock, his eyes widened. He cupped his mouth and nose since the smell was too strong. He kneeled and hugged Edlyn to comfort her.

"I'm calling the police," he muttered, taking out his phone.

Jake waited as the police investigated in Edlyn's room, searching for fingerprints and all. She was sitting in the living room with Sunghoon and Jay, still shocked. The police carried the bodies out of their house.

"How did the bodies get in there?" Sunghoon asked. She shrugged and rested her head on Jay's shoulder. "This person must know about your trauma and phobia. But how did they get the corpses? How do they know about the passcode to your house?"

"Did you tell your trauma to someone else other than your family and Jake?" Sunghoon asked. She thought for a while and a person appeared in her mind, "Hojun. He knows about my trauma."

"That bastard doesn't know when to stop and shut up," Jay sighed, feeling anger rising inside him.

A policeman approached them, "We will investigate more about this. In the meantime, I would like you to leave the house for a few days to cooperate with the investigation. We will try our best to find the culprit."

Jake walked towards them, "Can we stay at your house for a while, Jay?"

Jay nodded and smiled, "Go pack your bags."