thirty-two

Jake walked through the hallway with a frown on his face. Students that walked past him greeted him but he ignored them, his mind filled with thoughts.

So what if Heeseung likes Edlyn? It's not my business. But what happens when Edlyn and I get a divorce? Will Heeseung immediately propose to her? Will they instantly be a couple?

"Jake!" Sorin called as she ran towards him. She was about to hug him but he pushed her away gently, "We're in public, Sorin."

She nodded and smiled, "Should we have lunch together?"

He sighed, "I think we should stop seeing each other for a while. Reporters have sensed that something is wrong with my marriage."

Her smile faded and she looked at him, "We can invite Edlyn too. I'm okay with it."

Jake smiled before walking away. She turned around to look at him, feeling something painful in her chest. Her heart shattered into pieces.

Edlyn kept her eyes on the floor as she walked slowly back to the university. As she reached the entrance, students watched her, whispering to each other why she just came back. "Edlyn!" Heeseung called her as he ran towards her. She looked at him with surprised eyes, "What's wrong, professor?"

"Sunghoon told me you went to the hospital just now. You're supposed to be in class," he said. She scoffed and folded her arms, "That jerk kicked me out. Of course, I have nowhere else to go. I wanted to see my dad but Jay didn't let me. So here I am."

He laughed softly, "Don't do that ever again."

She watched him laugh and blushed, seeing his smile. "Do you have any plans?"

"I'm free right now. Why?"

"Shall we have lunch together?" He asked. She nodded and smiled, humming in response. They both were about to leave when Jake called her, "Park Edlyn!"

"Where have you been?" He asked worriedly as he panted. "Why should I tell you? It's not like you care," she snapped at him, tightening her grip around her bag.

Her attention dropped to Sorin who was walking towards them, smiling. She could sense that the girl was forcing herself to smile.

Jake must've said something that hurt her feelings, she thought to herself. "Jake and I were planning to invite you to lunch. If you don't mind," Sorin said.

It would hurt her if it's just me and Jake. I should bring someone else too. "If you don't mind, can Heeseung come too?" Edlyn asked. She could see that Sorin sighed, feeling relieved. Jake frowned and looked away, "Sure."

They all went into a restaurant. Jake was about to sit next to Sorin until he saw a few reporters hiding behind the bush outside of the restaurant. Heeseung also noticed and cleared his throat, "Umm Edlyn, I think you should sit next to Jake. There are reporters outside taking pictures of you."

Edlyn glanced at the window before exhaling in defeat. She looked at Sorin and the girl chuckled, "It's okay. I understand."

Jake bumped Edlyn to the side with his hip as he moved next to her. She was about to smack him but a waiter stopped her, approaching them with a menu.

"I'm thinking of eating spicy cold noodles," he said. Edlyn frowned, "Order chicken."

Jake looked at her, "Should I?" And they both nodded happily. Sorin and Heeseung glanced at each other before looking at them confusedly. "You guys really get along when ordering food," Heeseung chuckled, still confused.

Edlyn and Jake realised they were sharing the same menu the whole time. They both moved away and cleared their throats awkwardly. She looked through the drinks and widened her eyes, "They sell mint choco milk here?"

"Yah, you're going to feel sick if you drink that while eating spicy food," he said. She frowned and rolled her eyes, "Who says I'm drinking just that. I'll have iced peach tea too."

Heeseung looked at her, "Edlyn, how about we order kimchi fried rice?"

"That's a good idea! But it's a 2 person meal. I can't finish all that by myself," she frowned. Jake looked at her, "We can share. I'm also thinking of eating kimchi fried rice."

Sorin glared at her boyfriend, "I thought you wanted to share it with me," she mumbled to herself before looking at the view outside the window.

They all ate their food silently, enjoying the scrumptious taste. Edlyn turned to Jake before muttering, "I don't like these types of eggs."

Jake quietly took her egg and gave her his chicken drumsticks. She smiled and thanked him before feeding herself again. Sorin glanced at him, "I like drumsticks too."

"Sorry, that's the only one I have," Jake apologised before drinking his water. Edlyn noticed something was wrong and gave her the last piece of the drumstick. She smiled at the girlfriend but Sorin threw the drumstick to the side before getting up, "I'm done eating."

They all watched her leave the restaurant angrily.