thirty-three

Jake was about to chase after Sorin until Heeseung stopped him, "Don't. There are reporters outside. They'll get an idea of your relationship if you chase after her."

He sat back down and lowered his gaze as he ate the pickled radish. Edlyn looked at him, "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. It's mine. I wasn't considerate of her feelings," he smiled softly. They all finished the food that was left before paying the owner at the counter.

Jake drove the car silently as Edlyn sat next to him and Heeseung in the backseat. She looked at the view outside until an ice cream stall caught her attention. It was the same old man that gave her two mint choco ice creams. She held Jake's hand, "Stop the car! Let's have ice cream!"

"You just ate," Jake groaned out of annoyance. She pouted and leaned back against the seat. He sighed in defeat before turning the car, driving towards the stall. Her eyes lit up in happiness and she got out of the car as soon as it parked at the side.

Children were queuing to order. She queued behind them and eyed the mint chocolate ice cream carefully, making sure it wasn't finished. When it was her turn to buy, the old man recognised her, "Young lady! Nice to see you again. Mint choco as usual?"

She nodded and faced Heeseung, "What flavour do you want?"

"I'll have a salted caramel ice cream," he told the man. Jake thought for a while, "I'll have mint choco as well."

Heeseung and Edlyn looked at him in shock, staring at him with widened eyes. "I thought you hated mint chocolate," she said, still surprised. "I still do," he answered blankly.

Heeseung asked, "Then why did you order it?"

Jake looked at Edlyn before paying the old man, "Because she likes it."

She blushed and smacked his back hard, "Don't say that!"

He winced in pain and chased after her, "Yah!"

Heeseung watched them from behind, "I thought you don't like her."

Sorin stormed angrily into an empty class. She took a seat at the front and slammed her books on the desk. She didn't notice Hojun who was sitting at the back until he started approaching her. He had a big smirk on his face as he took a seat next to her. She looked at him, "Do I know you?"

"I'm Edlyn's ex-boyfriend," he proudly announced. She scoffed, "The one who's against her taking over the hospital? Yeah, I heard a lot about you."

He looked at her in surprise, "Why does everyone keep saying that?"

"I'm sure Edlyn told people that. I mean, you do tell your friends about that. Sometimes, you should never tell your friends shit. Who knows they would spread rumours about you."

He frowned, "Anyway, I know your relationship with Professor Jake."

"You do?" She arched an eyebrow. He nodded and smiled, "I'm sure you're jealous that he spends more time with his wife than you."

She stayed silent as she let him talk. "I know just a way to break them apart. Maybe, it will be beneficial for me and you," he said, "I'm sure you want them to break up. I want her to be gone. So what do you say? How about we team up?"

"What do you mean by gone?" She leaned forward, interested in the conversation. "You know, gone from this world. Gone so that I can take over the hospitals. She's being a nuisance and it's annoying."

She put out a hand to shake his, "I'm in."

They both smiled and thought of plans to make the married couple's marriage fall apart. "How do we start?" She asked.

"I think the best way to make her weak is to make her experience her trauma again," he smirked proudly. "What trauma?" She asked.

"Oh well..." he sighed and told her everything from the car accident to Edlyn keeps having nightmares about her mother. He told her about her fear of blood and her being weak to even perform surgery. Sorin smirked in amusement as she thought about lots of plans that appeared in her mind.