thirteen

Jake parked the car at the parking lot of the hospital. Edlyn followed him as he walked to his office, "When will you finish with the surgery?"

"Probably after 5 hours. If it takes too long, you can ask Sunghoon or Jay to send you home," he said as he put on his doctor's coat. She sat on the couch and stared at her feet awkwardly, watching him walk out of the room.

She decided to take a look around the office, seeing his achievements and pictures hanging on the wall. There was a picture of him and Jay graduating from medical school. A picture of him with Sunghoon at a dinner. She smiled when she saw a baby picture of him with his parents.

"If he's sweeter and doesn't have any anger issues, I would probably fall in love with him," she muttered under her breath. She walked to the shelf and took a look at the books, reading the title one by one. A red-covered book caught her attention and she took it out. She started turning pages until a letter fell from one of the pages.

She picked it up from the floor and saw 'Han Sorin' at the front. Isn't that the student that asked him to have lunch with her on my first day in class? she thought. She read the letter and scoffed.

Dear Professor Jake,

Your smile could light up my day. Your voice could cure my soul and I could come to your class every day. You don't know how much I love you. I hope you could be mine one day. I love you!

~ Han Sorin

She scoffed, "His smile? His voice? Wait until she finds out his real personality." The door opened and she quickly put the book back on the shelf. Sunghoon walked in and smirked as he leaned against the door, "Sneaking through his stuff huh?"

"No! I was just looking through the titles," she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before sitting back on the couch. He walked towards the desk to put a file.

"Do you know Han Sorin?" She suddenly asked. He folded his arms, "She's a popular student. Of course, everyone knows her. Why?"

"Do you know that she likes Jake?"

"Yeah, before Jake married you, he always had lunch with her at the cafeteria. But after you came, he stopped. Why? Is she bothering you?" He asked worriedly.

"No. Thank you for telling me. You may go now," she sighed. He smiled and leaned forward, resting his arms at the head of the couch, "Do you want to watch Jake perform surgery? He looks handsome when he's serious at work."

She walked to the surgery room and saw her husband from the glass window. He already had his surgical scrub on, putting on his gloves. She looked at the body on the surgical table. Sunghoon who was standing next to her asked, "Fell in love? Usually, people would at least swoon over him. Not for you though."

She ignored him and widened her eyes when she saw Jake cutting the skin apart. She saw the blood coming out and looked away, feeling sick. "I need to go to the toilet," she said before running away.

She went to the sink and opened the tap water before washing her face. How can you be a surgeon if you're afraid of blood, Edlyn? You are so weak! she scolded herself as she stared at herself in the mirror.

She walked back outside and saw Sorin with a bag of lunch boxes. Sorin saw her and smiled, "You're Professor Jake's student too, right?"

"Wife," Edlyn corrected her, eyeing her up and down. Sorin frowned and forced a smile, "Wow, I didn't know you're the wife that he talked about."

"What are you doing here? There's no class today."

"Oh, I'm just visiting Professor Jake to give him this. He must've not eaten yet," the girl said boldly. Edlyn watched her in disbelief as she walked to Jake's office.

She's quite bold for a girl who knew that Jake's already married. Didn't she realise that she just talked to his wife? Wait, why am I overreacting? Jake and I both agreed that we both are allowed to date anyone we like.