Epilogue

Epilogue

Casimiro

"Good morning, Sir. May invite na po sa inyo from the University to be their guest for the Commencement Exercises." Napangiti ako sa binalita sa akin ng sekretarya ko. My wife will be part of that graduation and it made me proud of her.

"Sure, let them know that I will be there." Ngiting-ngiting sagot ko.

Nang makalabas si Melody ay naalala ko bigla ang church wedding namin few months ago.

***

I wanted us to have a church wedding because my wife deserves it. I could still remember when I proposed to her. I was so nervous that she will not accept my proposal, funny right?Kilala ko ang asawa ko, ayaw niya ng grand. She was a very low profile person. Akala ko hindi niya na gugustuhin pa ang ganoon.

But I was wrong, 'cause she said yes. Kaya natupad ang plano kong kasal. We're here ready to say our vows in front of God.

Kahit tatlong taon na kami magkasama ng asawa ko ay may kaba pa rin akong nararamdaman at excitement habang naka-abang sa pagbukas ng pinto ng simbahan.

My brother, Elliot was my best man. Tinapik niya ako sa balikat kaya napasulyap ako sa kaniya at ngumiti, tapos sinundan ko ang tingin niya. Pagbalik ko ng tingin sa pinto na siyang tinitigan niya ay bumukas iyon ng dahan-dahan. An intro of a familiar tune played on the piano.

I saw my wife standing there. Stunningly gorgeous. She was holding her bouquet and a microphone.

I was really surprised that she managed to prepare a song for me.

She started to sing as she took a step.

"From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on"

Nanginginig nang bahagya ang boses niya. I hinted that she was about to shed a tear. I felt my eyes watered so I pinched the bridge of my nose to stop it from falling.

"From this moment, I have been blessed
I live only, for your happiness
And for your love, I give my last breath
From this moment on"

I liked the song it suited us well. I was watching her well while she was walking slowly on the aisle. I could also see the happiness in my family's faces while they watch my wife walk.

"I give my hand to you with all my heart
I can't wait to live my life with you I can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you"

Three years of marriage and we were still in love. We were very happy. Dumating man ang isang trahedya nang hindi matuloy ang inaakala naming pagbubuntis niya ay tinanggap namin iyon ng maluwag.

"From this moment, as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing, I wouldn't give
From this moment on."

I can still remember how she grieved for that supposedly pregnancy that never happened. I never left her during those times that she would cry every night and break down at times.

"You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you"

But we survived. We were here now. Already moved on. Just like what the song says, we were the answered prayers of each other.

"From this moment, as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing, I wouldn't give
From this moment, I will love you
As long as I live from this moment on"