Chapter 2 - Ah the boy speaks

We finally got to a compartment that was empty. It took us a while to find one. We all staggered in putting our trunks away and sitting down. I sat in the corner, Pansy next to me and Enzo next to her and Abigail next to him. Mattheo sat in front of me next to Theodore who was next to the prick Draco. I was a little nervous to be around Mattheo. I didn't know why but I was. Maybe I was kinda developing feelings for him. I shook my head saying no daphne shut up you know what happened last time. I glanced back up to see Mattheo staring at me with a confused expression on his face. I just smiled at him and looked away.

"So" pansy said smiling looking at me. "Why are you only just coming to Hogwarts?"
I didn't know what to say. I didn't know the answer.
"Umm. I was home schooled by my mother my whole life and last year she said I could start Hogwarts. I never really knew why I was home schooled but I never really questioned it to be honest"
"Oh" she says glancing at Draco then back at me "well that's kind've weird"
"Tell me about it" I say anxiously.

I said something to break to silence "so, how about we play a game to get to know each other better." I said smiling kinda weirdly.
"Ok" everyone responded except Draco and Mattheo obviously.
"Ooo how about we play truth or dare" Pansy says clapping her hands.
"Oh my god yes" me Enzo and Abigail say at the same time. Then the four of us started laughing.
After a few rounds it was my turn.
"Truth or dare, Daphne" Blaise asks
"Dare. I ain't no pussy" I say jokingly. Everyone laughs except Mattheo and Draco.
"Ok" Blaise says thinking "I dare you to go over to Harry Potters compartment and kiss him"
My mouth hung open.
"Umm. I-I choose truth" I said, my voice shaking.
"Why not" Pansy said
"I thought you weren't a pussy" Abigail said chucking.
"I just-don't want to. Ok"
"Ok chill it's fine Blaise just give her a truth"
"Why won't you do it" Draco asked confusingly
"What" I asked shaking
"Why won't you go and kiss Potter" Draco said slightly smirking. I knew he actually knew why.
"Because I know you hate him and he's your enemy or whatever so I don't want to do that to you" I lied. Obviously.
"That's not it. You don't care if I care or not. You would do it anyways no matter how I felt"
I was shaking a bit more now. I just sat there looking out the window.
"You haven't had your first kiss yet have you" Draco says smirking at me.
I just looked down. I didn't know what to say. I just sighed. I mean he was right yeah but I didn't want to admit that.
"Daphne" Pansy said softly lifting my head to look at her "it's ok that you haven't had your first kiss yet you know. No need to feel embarrassed" she was so nice to me. I just looked but down.
"Yes Draco. You're correct" I sighed. Draco sniggered under his hand earning a dirty look from Pansy Enzo and Abigail. I think Enzo and Abigail are warming up to me.

We played a few more rounds but it turns out Mattheo was never playing.
"Why don't you want to play?" I asked looking at Mattheo who was looking out the window. He glanced at me, shrugged and looked back out the window.
"And why won't you talk to me" I say leaning to him a little bit. Then again he just shrugged.
"Do you not like me or something?" I asked
"No it's nothing like that-"
"Ah, the boy speaks" I say sarcastically getting a chuckle from everyone.
"Watch your mouth" he huffs
"Ooo I'm so scared what are you gonna do kill me or something"
"You bet your ass I will if you don't treat me with respect" he says giving me a death stare. I couldn't help but laugh a little.
"Sorry. I'm sorry it's just I. I don't believe you" I said still laughing. Everyone just looked at me.
"What? What's the problem?"
"You do know who his dad is, right?" Theodore said with a confused expression across his face.
"No who" I said calming down a little
"Seriously" Mattheo huffed giving me another death stare " riddle? Does it not ring any bells?"
"No. Why, should it?" I say confusingly. I have no idea what is happening right now.
"Yes!" Everyone shouted.
"Well I'm sorry but I don't know what you guys are on about"
"Daphne" Draco said as I looked at him in the eyes "his father. It's the dark lord"
"Aka Voldemort" Mattheo says smirking.
"Ok?" I say with a little chuckle "And?"
"Why don't you care" he says with an angry tone "why don't you care who my father is"
"Because" I pause for a second " he doesn't scare me"
"Why not"
"I don't know. I just don't get why everyone is so fucking scared of him"
"Have you gone out of your fucking mind D" Draco says with an angry look on his face " you know that they can fucking kill you, right, so just give him some respect and stop acting like a bitch"
I just look at him not saying a word. Suddenly, the train stops meaning we're at our destination. I didn't waste another second in there Draco is seriously pissing me off. I got my trunk and left without saying anything.
"You know you didn't have to be like that"Pansy says obviously mad.
No one said another word and just left. Enzo Pansy and Abigail went to find Daphne while Draco, Mattheo, Blaise and Theodore went to the great hall for dinner and the first years sorting ceremony.