Chapter 47 - I Missed You

Mattheo's POV
I had been pacing around Dracos dorm ever since he left to exchange Harry for Daphne. Don't worry we did make a plan, we will have both of them back. This was only because of course Draco had to grow soft on Harry pathetic I think but oh well I don't care about that right now, I'm going to get my girlfriend back. That's all I care about. I was so nervous to see her again what if she blames me for what happened to her, what if something bad happened to her and I don't get to see her again? I'm literally just thinking the worst. No one knew we were trying to save her, we were scared we wouldn't get her back. We didn't want to give everybody false hope.

As I was pacing around with my hands in my hair, Draco appeared in front of me holding a beaten, unconscious, precious Daphne. He was crying.
"Oh my god" I say as my eyes get watery.
She was so beaten up to the point where she has so many scars and bruises all over, most on her face. I took her out of Dracos arms and went to run down to the infirmary as Draco went to get Harry. When I ran down the boys dormitory stairs into the common room, everyone was there and saw I had her in my arms as I ran out. They ran after me.
"Help" I shout as I got in.
A few nurses came running over and took her out of my arms to a bed and started helping her. They kept asking me all these question but I didn't know the answers. It was annoying me.
"How long had she been like this?"
"I don't know!" I shout. "Can you please just stop asking me questions and help her"
"Mattheo, calm down" Blaise said placing a hand on my shoulder.
I turned around to face them all and kind of broke down into Blaise' arms, falling to the floor. Everyone was huddled around me trying to comfort me as I just cried.

We were all sat in the common room in silence as we were kicked out of the infirmary to let them do their thing. Then a kid came in saying we need to go to the great hall for an announcement. We walked down and were the last ones in. Everybody stared at us, especially me, as we walked over to our seats and sat down.
"Where's Draco?" Pansy asks.
"Don't worry about it"
"Silence" Dumbledore shouted making everyone fall quiet.
"I would like to inform you all that Daphne Malfoy has been found and is now safe and sound. Although, she is in the infirmary for all her injury's but I'm told will make a full recovery very soon. Classes will be cancelled for tomorrow."
I was crying. I ran out, I couldn't listen to this anymore. All my friends ran after me obviously knowing where I'm going, to the astronomy tower. I made it to the top with everyone else following close behind.
"Mattheo stop, she's back now you don't have to do that anymore" Abigail says.
"You guys just don't get it do you" I say chuckling through my tears.
"Get what?"
I just laughed.
"I can't help it. I'm an alcoholic. I'm addicted to weed. I can't fucking help it"
"You weren't before"
"Yes! I know I wasn't before but now I am. So you better get used to it"
"We can help you"
"The fuck you can" I paused. "I don't think I can ever stop"
I walked over to my stash of alcohol and pulled it out showing so many bottles. Everyone gasped once they saw it. I then pulled out my stash of weed. They had shock painted all over their faces. I was disappointed in my self but I was also disgusted. I can't believe I got myself into this mess. I want to stop but I can't, but I don't think anyone can help me. Hesitatingly, with shaky hands I handed over my stash of alcohol and weed to them.
"Help me" I say through tears.
They all looked proud that I did at least want to try. They took it off me and took me to the common room where we just sat and talked.

None of us could sleep that night, we just wanted to see Daphne and for her to be ok. We decided to take a walk around the school in silence. We all just followed one another until we realised we were going in the direction of the infirmary. We continued on, we wanted to see Daphne. We snuck in and quietly made our way over to Daphne's bed. We arrived and saw her laying there peacefully sleeping, or that's what we through. Suddenly, she started to become restless and talk in her sleep. She was sweating and looked like she was about to cry. No one could figure out what she was saying. I called out her name and started to lightly shake her awake. She jumped up breathing heavily and looking around manically.
"Hey, hey it's ok" I said softly placing a hand on her shoulder which made her flinch.
"I'm not going to hurt you" I say placing my hand back onto her shoulder.
She started to calm down.
"Wait, am I- am I dreaming right now?"
"No" I say smiling.
She started to smile ear to ear as she looked at us all and pulled me into a hug.
"I missed you so much"
"I missed you too" she says now sobbing.
"Hey, we need hugs too" Pansy says.
Daphne laughed and hugged everyone else. She patted on the bed next to her signalling for me to get on so I did. I layer next to her with her in my arms and her head on my chest. The others sat in chairs around the bed and we all quietly talked together until we all fell asleep. Daphne did ask where Draco was and I told her not to worry about it and she didn't say anymore about him. I wanted to tell her but I know he wouldn't want her to know what he was doing.

I was the only one awake. I didn't want to go to sleep, I was scared Daphne would be taken from me again. I can't go through all of that again. As she slept, I would stare down at her stroking her hair and giving her kisses on her head.
"You don't understand how much I missed you" I whispered against her head tearing up a little bit.