Chapter 32 - Unusual

Daphne's POV
Saturday was two days away. Wow, it's just hitting me right now how close it is. I don't think I should go through with the task, I mean it's such a big deal. I'm not entirely sure why Voldemort picked me to do it but here we are, about to loose all my friends. I was ditching all my classes today and just laying in my bed thinking about my friends and all the fun memories with everyone. That's all gonna be gone soon.

I think by now it would've been second period and no one had asked me what's wrong or knocked on my door once. I was kinda worried. I also started to overthink. I was like well maybe they just don't care about me anymore. Maybe they have all had enough of my bull shit. Maybe I finally broke them all. This is such a bad habit but I can't stop thinking maybe I'm the reason for everyone's suffering. I mean I probably was, right? Throughout the day I would write little paragraphs in my diary.

One of them read: Today I have planned on just staying in bed. I have no motivation what so ever. I don't feel too great either. No one had knocked on my door once so far today which is unusual. Did they not care anymore? They probably can't be asked to put up with all my bull shit. My mood changes so much all the time they probably think I'm gonging to be fine in a few minutes. I probably won't be. I feel like total shit right now.

I was about to take a nap since I didn't get much sleep last night until I finally heard a knock at my door. I had been waiting for that knock all day only to want it to leave again. I think I just wanted to know if someone cared but didn't want them to do anything. I didn't want to see anyone, I just wanted them to tell me they were here for me and that they care about me.
"Princess" Mattheo says "are you alright"
I didn't say anything. I started to silently cry. He sounded a little upset but I don't know why.
"Please just tell me that you're alright love. I care about you and want to know you're safe"
"I'm fine" I say.
"Can I come in?"
I waved my wand, still laying down in my bed facing the ceiling, making the door unlock. He closed the door behind him and layed down next to me staring at the ceiling.
"Why are you coming into classes today" he says.
"I just don't feel like it"
"Why what's wrong"
"I feel like shit and have no motivation what so ever"
"I think I have something to make you feel better" he says smiling leaving the room.
He came back with a huge teddy bear and some flowers.
"Oh my god" I say taking the bear off him hugging it "i love it"
He started to smile while placing the flowers on my desk.

Mattheo's POV
I caught a glimpse of her diary on her desk and started to read it. I know I should've but I couldn't help it, I'm nosey.

What the first read: so I've been laying in my bed all day just looking at my boring ceiling waiting for that knock at the door. Yes no one has still knocked on my door. Not even once. I just thought at least somebody cared about me enough to go out of their way to see if I was ok. Well to be honest I'm really not but I would just say I'm fine anyways to not cause any one any problems. I feel like if I start talking about my feelings and experiences to someone then I'm a burden and I should leave them alone and stop annoying them. I think about my Mother everyday. I miss the warm hugs she use to give me. I miss the little talks we would have. I miss hanging out with her, she was quite fun. But what I miss the most is, a shoulder to cry on. She was always there for me when I needed to let out any tears. She was the one person I would cry I front of because she would never make me look weak for doing it. She would always say crying makes you stronger, it shows you have feelings and aren't afraid to express them. I never actual my believes it of course but it would always make me happier hearing it.

"What are you doing" she says.
I looked at her with watery eyes.
"What's wrong" she says getting up and walking to me.
She saw the book on her desk, open. She just looked back at me with a straight face and put it back into the bottom draw of her desk.
"You weren't supposed to see that" she says.
"I'm sorry it took me so long to knock on your door" I say "I just wanted to get you a little present. I promise I care about you I always will darling"
"It's fine" she says hugging me "it was worth the wait anyways"
The rest of the day, I skipped classes with her and we just cuddled in her bed talking about life. We would also talk about how we would want our futures to look like. She said that she wanted to live in a house with a big garden with a river. She wanted to have two kids and be married to me. She wanted to have a perfect little family with me in a perfect little home. She said that all that would matter would be us and our little family and no one would ever be able to get in the way of that.

Daphne's POV
Tomorrow was the big day. The day I had to complete my task. Mattheo, Draco and I had to go to the room of requirements and see if the cabinet would work. It was supposed to help the dark lord and his death eaters to infiltrate Hogwarts, unseen. As we walked into the room, we got the cabinet ready for them to teleport since they couldn't aparate in and out of Hogwarts.
"This sucks" I say plopping myself in the couch.
"You don't have to do it you know" Mattheo says.
"Yeah actually I do" I say "he will kill me if I don't do it"

Pansy's POV
Daphne had been acting unusual all day. Matter of fact she's been acting this way all week. Somethings up with her but I don't want to ask. I feel like if I ask she'll just push me away. Fuck it she's my best friend and I care about her. All day I've been trying to find her but I can't. I've asked nearly everyone in the school if they know where she is but no one knows. I realised that I hadn't seen Mattheo or Draco either. They've been acting weird too. Something is going on between all of them. I was walking down a random hallway when I heard a door shut. I peeked around a corner and saw Draco looking around suspiciously and walking away. I went up to the door he came out of and out my ear on it, I could hear muffled voices. I slowly opened the door and went inside quietly shutting the door. The voices were more clearer now, it was Mattheo and Daphne. I thought they were up to something.
"Yeah actually I do" she says "he will kill me if I don't do it"
What the fuck. I'm not losing Daphne again, never again. I completely broke down when she was gone, I can't live like that again.
"What the fuck are you in about" i say walking round the corner to be seen.
"What are you doing here" Daphne asks nervously standing up from the couch.
"Better question" I say "where are we and what do you mean he'll kill you"