Chapter 36 - Missing

Mattheo's POV
All day I have been worrying about Daphne. I worry too much but that's my job, I'm her boyfriend I'm supposed to be protective over her. I kept trying to convince her not to do the task all day, but it never worked. She seems tough on the outside but on the inside, she knows she can't do it. She just doesn't want to seem weak. We had a meeting with my father today about her task. Kindve seemed pointless to me but we all went anyways. After that, she never showed up to anymore lessons for the rest of the day. She didn't even come to lunch. I was starting to get really worried about her. What if something really bad had happened to her. I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if something did, I would feel responsible for not keeping her safe.

After last lesson, I went to her dorm room to see if she was there. I knocked on the door but there was no answer. I knocked again, a bit louder this time. Still no answer. I used the spell to open the door and saw that she wasn't there. Where had she gone? I looked around the whole school but couldn't find her. I was literally panicking now. My girlfriend was missing. I frantically walked up to Pansy and Abigail.
"Have you seen Daphne?" I ask.
"Why I don't even like the bitch"
"Pansy shut up" Abigail says.
"Just tell me if you have or not" I shout.
"Jeez chill out no I haven't"
"Neither have I" Abigail says "what's wrong"
"I can't find her. I think she's missing"

Daphne's POV
It was cold and wet. I was shivering and had goosebumps. God, I hated this. I feel like I'm going to freeze to death. The doors in front of me opened to reveal two figures.
"Well well well, who do we have hear" an all too familiar voice said. It was very nostalgic.
"Seriously" I say sarcastically. "You?"
"What?" He says "didn't you miss me?"
"Fuck no why would I miss you"
"Probably because you're in love with me"
"Funny joke. You're hilarious"
"I know I am sweet heart"
"Who's he?" I ask.
"Him?" He says "oh, just an old friend" he smirks.
"Why am I here?"
"You can't do it"
"Do what?"
"The task stupid" he said stepping out of the darkness.
"I don't know what you're talking about"
"You know exactly what he's talking about" the other one says.
"Oh for fuck sake you as well?"
"Surprise" he says also stepping out of the darkness. "But seriously you can't do that task"
"I told you I don't know what you're talking about"
"Ok, I guess we will have to make you remember"
My heart started racing. What were they going to do to me? Whatever it was it wasn't going to be as bad as what my father has done to me. Everything was going to be fine, right?

Mattheo's POV
I still can't find her. Abigail and Pansy have been helping me even though they aren't on the best of terms, but they still care for each other. I'm so worried. I hope nothing bad happens to her. I was running down these halls when I ran into Blaise.
"Woah did slow down what's wrong"
"Daphnes missing"
"What?!"
"I can't find her"
"Shit let me help"
We split ways looking over the castle again just to make sure I haven't missed her. We meet back at the common room but still no luck.
"Where the fuck is she!?" I say sitting down on the couch putting my head in my hands.
"Where is who?" Draco asks coming down the stairs from the boys dormitories.
Me and Blaise look at each other then him.
"What?" He asks.
"Shit" I whisper. "Umm it's Daphne. We can't find her"
"What!" Draco shouts "where the fuck is she"
"We don't know"

We thought it was time to tell Dumblebitch. We put it off just in case it was about the task but I don't care anymore. I just want her in my arms, safe. Draco, Blaise, Pansy, Abigail and I all knocked on his office door as he tells us to come in.
"What seems to be the problem?" He asks.
"We think Daphne is missing. We can't find her" I say trying to keep my breathing steady enough to actually talk.
"Ok we will do everything to try and find her don't worry." He says "go back to your dorms and I will sort this out"
"That's it" I say angry. "That's it you're just going to try. You don't seem very concerned"
"Mattheo leave it" Blaise says trying to drag me out of the office.
"No" I say getting out of his grip. "No I want you to send everyone out there to look for her. She needs to be here with us. She needs to be safe"
"Yes me riddle, I will send a few staff out to track her down but that's all I can do I'm afraid"
"Fuck this" I shout storming out of the room.
"What are you going to do" Blaise shouts.
"Look for her myself" I shout back.

Daphne's POV
I could feel all the blood gushing out of my nose, dripping into the pool of blood next to me. I spat out the blood from my mouth, leaving a metallic taste behind. I couldn't see much, my vision was blurry. I could hear them talking, but not very clearly.
"You know they're going to find me" I say spitting out more blood.
"Who?" He asks sarcastically. "Your friends? Hate to break it to you love, but they hate you at the moment. I don't think they will be looking for you anytime soon"
The thing is though, he was right. They hated me, they probably haven't even tried to find me at all. Hell they probably haven't even noticed I'm gone. I hated the thought of them or anyone never finding me. I felt my chest rise heavily as more blood was gushing out of my nose as a fist connected to my face, again.
"They will find me!"
"Are you trying to convince me, or yourself?" One of them says chuckling.
"Fuck you!" I shout.
It made him mad, so he punched me again, and again, and again until I was knocked out and unconscious.