Chapter 35 - What The Fuck

Daphne's POV
I woke up and just stayed in bed staring at the wall with Mattheo next to me with his arms wrapped around me. Today was the big day. I can't fucking do it, I don't want to. I never wanted any of this in the first place. All I ever wanted was to actually go to a school. I guess this is what I get for wanting something. Mattheo started to wrap his arms tighter around me. He put his head into the crook of my neck.
"Good morning, Love" he says with his croaky morning voice.
Fuck, I love that voice.
"Morning" I say turning around to face him.
"What's wrong"
I don't say anything, just put my head on his chest.
"Oh" he says playing with my hair, realising what today was.
"Yeah, oh" I say getting up out of bed.
He pulled me back down and got on top of me.
"What are you doing"
"I know if I don't restrain you somehow, you're just gonna go before I get to talk to you"
"Yeah that was my plan"
"I don't think you should do it"
"I don't have a choice so get off"
"But-"
I cut him off "No Mattheo I don't have a choice, I will die if I don't do it now get off me"
We looked into each other's eyes for a hot minute before he rolled off me. I went into the bathroom and had a shower and got ready for the day. I'm trying to act tough, but on the inside I'm scared shitless. It's fucking me up. Messing with my brain.

It was second period and I was in charms with Professor Flitwick. I know Mattheo would rather me skip all day so he can convince me not to do it, but I can't do that. He knows I can't do that. It's like he's trying to get me killed, its kindve weird. Halfway during class, I felt a slight tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Mattheo crouched down on to floor, trying not to be seen by Flitwick.
"What the fuck are you doing" I whisper shout.
"I need to talk to you Daphne"
"No you can't convince me not to do it"
"Please just lis-"
"No" I whisper shout walking out of the class Mattheo close behind.
I was trying to walk away when Mattheo grabbed my wrist, pulling me back.
"Get off" I say angrily, trying to wriggle out of his grip.
"Daphne you can't do it"
"Why not" I shout "you're acting weird. It's like you want me dead"
He was silent. What the fuck. Why'd he look so guilty?
"Oh my god" I say with watery eyes "you want me dead"
"No, no, no, that's not what I want I-"
I finally got out of his grasp, running away just wanting to be alone right now. I couldn't hear any footsteps so I knew he wasn't running after me, which I was glad about. I didn't feel like talking to him.

I was sitting in my seat at the meeting table in riddle manor. The dark lord had summoned us all. Draco, Mattheo and I were all sat in silence as the other death eaters where talking loudly as we waited for him to enter. After a few more minutes, the doors burst open and there he came, taking his place at the table. I didn't dare look at him. By this time everyone was quite.
"So" the dark lord started saying "I think we all know why we are here"
I could see out the corner of my eye that he was starting to look at me.
"Miss Malfoy, you're task is today" he says with his spine chilling voice "you must complete it"
"I will my lord" I say.
"Very good"
"Can I do the task my lord" Bellatrix says.
"Nonsense" he says "Miss Malfoy can do it. Correct?"
"Yes my lord"

I was walking around the school, not bothering to go to anymore lessons or even lunch and dinner. I was just thinking about the task and how many people it's going to hurt and affect when they find out it was me. My mother would've never wanted this for me. Maybe that's why she would always homeschool me, maybe she wanted at least one Malfoy not to be submerged into the darkness. I miss my mother. If she was here right now she would be hugging me and telling me that everything was going to be alright and that we would sort this out one way or another. But she can't, because she isn't here. She never will be here again and it pains me to know that she'll never come back. But I need her, I need her right now. As I was peacefully walking down this one hallway, I felt a presence behind me. I quickly looked behind me to see no one. Absolutely no one. I thought nothing of it and just continued walking down this never ending hallway. I felt a sharp pain to the back of my head as all I could see was pitch black.

I woke up, having no idea how long i had been out for or what happened. My eyes burned as they tried to adjust to the bright light shining at me. I quickly realised that I was tied to a chair, both my arms and legs. I looked around frantically. Where was I?
"Hello?" I shout out, but no reply.
"Hello!" I shout even louder still worth no reply.
I started to again frantically look around the room to see if there was anything to help me get out, but there wasn't. Whoever these people were, they were smart. There weren't any windows either so I couldn't even see if it was night time or day time. I could slightly reach the pocket that had my wand in it. I managed to get my fingers in when I couldn't feel anything. It was gone, fuck. There was literally no way for me to get out. My head quickly turned to the door as I heard a loud bang of a door shutting close by. I heard heavy footsteps coming closer and closer until they finally stopped when they reached outside of the door. My breathing unsteady, I watched the door open slowly as it creaked.
"What the fuck" I say.