Chapter 49 - Stop Treating Me Like A Child!

Mattheo's POV
I walked into her dorm since I heard shouting. As I walked in, I saw Daphne crying.
"Woah what's going on?"
"I'm sorry Mattheo" Abigail says.
"Sorry about what"
"You haven't eaten?" Daphne asks looking me in the eyes.
"What I umm-"
"Don't lie to me!"
I sighed. "No I haven't"
"Because I went missing?"
I nodded slightly.
She started to cry more. As I placed a hand on her shoulder she shaked it off.
"Its all my fault. I did this to you I-I-"
"No it's not, it's Liam and James' faults"
"You know Liam and James?" She asked.
"You know Liam and James?" I asked.
She nodded.
"What? How?"
"We all used to be friends, until we had a really bad argument. We haven't talked since"
"You know they kidnapped you right?"
"Yeah I know"
"Ok, this is weird I'm just gonna - go" Abigail says walking out shutting the door behind her.
"How do you know them?"
"I hate to break it you but, they started school here"
"What?!"
"I'm sorry I-" I didn't get to finish my sentence she just ran out.
"Daphne" I shouted after her but she didn't listen.

Daphne's POV
I ran into the common room and saw them, Liam and James.
"You mother fuckers!" I shout walking up to them as they stood up.
"Oh look at that" James says. "It's our little Miss princess Daphne"
"Fuck you!" I shout slapping him around the face, hard.
"You little bitch" he shouts going to hit me.
I flinched and squeezed my eyes shut, but I wasn't hit. I slowly opened my eyes and saw them both on the floor with Mattheo standing over them.
"Don't fucking hit her, do you understand me"
"You don't fucking tell me what to do" he spat in his face.
Mattheo grabbed him by his collar and pushed him up against a wall.
"I can when it comes to my girlfriend. So don't fucking hit her. Got it" he says dropping him making him fall to the floor.
He walked over to me and hugged me.
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah" I said pulling away.
"Why did you do that?"
"I'm just pissed at them" I say staring at them on the floor.
"I don't blame you"
We walked back to my dorm and started talking until we fell asleep.

I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night sweating, I had just had a nightmare. It was about one thing that happened when I was missing and locked up in the horrible place. This one incident haunts me and I hate reliving it. It was when one day a couple guys came in, I expect to be death eaters, and they did the usual beatings. After they were done they showed me a photo, a photo of Mattheo. He was standing at the top of the astronomy tower over the railing. When I first saw it I cried like a baby, I didn't like the thought that he would kill himself or anything like that. I hated the thought that he would do anything like that because of me and I didn't know if it was real or not. But in the nightmare that's not how it went, first I was beaten then shown the picture of Mattheo. Next thing I knew, I was standing behind Mattheo while he stood at the top of the astronomy tower about to jump. I tried to move and scream but I couldn't. I couldn't do anything to save him. Then he just jumped. This was when I would wake up. Yes I've had this nightmare more than once but I still hated if. It still had an effect on me. I looked next to me to see Mattheo sound asleep and I didn't want to wake him up so I decided to go to the kitchen to get a glass of water. As I was walking down the hallways, I would always get these weird feelings like someone was watching me but I didn't think much of it. I thought I was just being paranoid. I walked into the kitchen to be greeted with a friendly face Rosie, one of the kitchen elves.
"Hey Rosie" I said smiling.
"Oh hello Miss Malfoy what can I help you with"
She's so sweet.
"Could I get a glass of water please, I'm struggling to sleep"
"Of course"
Once she returned with the glass, I thanked her and left to go back to my dorm. As I went around a corner, I bumped into someone making me fall back onto the floor and drop the glass.
"Shit"
"Daphne" they said worryingly picking me back up.
I looked at them to see Mattheo with a scared, worried face.
"What's wrong?"
"I thought I lost you again" he said hugging me. "Don't do that again"
"Sorry"
"What are you doing up anyways?"
"I just couldn't sleep"
"Why are you ok?"
"Yes I'm fine Mattheo. Stop treating me like a child!"
I walked away with him close behind me. Every one treats me like a fragile doll that's going to break any second, it's annoying.
"I'm not I-" he says as we walk back into my dorm.
"Yes you are Mattheo. You all act like I'm going to break. You all treat me like a child and I'm sick of it!" I shout.
"Woah what's going on" Blaise says walking in being woken up by my shouting along with the others.
"I'll tell you what's going on, you all treat me like a child. I fucking hate it. Why can't you all just treat me normally!"
"Daphne" Mattheo says. "I don't know what you're on about"
"Really? Well you always have to know where I am or be with me. Pansy and Abigail always look at me weirdly. Everyone hardly talks to me afraid they're going to hurt my feelings but when they do, they speak to me like I am a little kid. The only time I've seen Draco since I came back was at dinner. Theodore hardly speaks to me anymore. Enzo doesn't hang out with me anymore and the only time Blaise has interacted with me was just now. Do you want me to go on?"
Everyone was quite for a minute.
"And I get why. You all think whatever you say is going to hurt me or affect me, we'll I'm already hurt mentally and physically so there isn't any need to worry. I'm already damaged as it is so don't bother"
I shout before slamming the door in everyone's faces and locking the door. Mattheo kept pleading me to let him in but I wouldn't so I just decided to go back to sleep.