Chapter 8 - Psycho

TW: sh, mention of abuse
Daphne'a POV
As we arrived back to Hogwarts I went straight to my dorm. I didn't want to talk to anyone and certainly didn't want to go to class. I sat at my desk looking at the fat ass scar on my neck in the mirror. I traced it with my finger. It stung but I liked it. I started to smile slightly still tracing it. Quickly, I went over to my bed and pulled out a black and green dagger out of the draws. I admired it swinging it in my fingers as I walked back over to my desk. I looked back at the mirror. I looked like a psycho. I started smirking bringing the dagger to my thighs. That's the only place left I had to cut. The cuts on my arms were still healing. That's when that feeling came back. The feeling that I know all too well but love. Pain. I started to chuckle as I started cutting my thighs multiple times. There was a knock at the door followed by a scared voice.
"Daphne. Are you ok?! I need to know you're ok!" It was my fucking brother. Rushing, I put my dagger in the bathroom sink, threw on some jogging bottoms and a hoodie. I ran over to the door and opened it.
"I'm fine Draco. Just go away"
"Not going to happen D I need to know what happened right now!" He said shouting making everyone else come up the stairs.
"What is going on" Abigail asks confused.
"Yea Draco. What's going on" I say repeating Abigail.
"I'll tell them you know. Mattheo already knows"
"I fucking knew that already. He was outside when I came out" I said crossing my arms then putting them back down quickly as I got a sharp pain in them making me wince. I liked the pain but I couldn't let them know I was in pain.
"What the fuck was that" Blaise says pointing at me.
"What was what" I asks acting stupid.
"You winced" he paused "what happened"
"Nothing, just leave it Draco"
"What are you guys talking about" Theodore asks confused.
"Father abuses Daphne and today he went to see him but she won't tell me what happened" Draco says at fast as he can.
"What!" everyone shouts. Luckily it was lunch so there wasn't anyone else in the common room.
"Hey guys" Mattheo says walking up to us.
"Why didn't you tell us Daphne was getting abused" Pansy shouts at him.

Mattheo's POV
"Woah woah woah" I say putting my hands up "I just found out today and I tried to stop her going but when I got to the manor she was already inside"
"Daphne" Abigail saying crying "we could've helped. You could've told us" she hugged her. But Daphne winced making Abigail pull away.
"Why did you just wince" I paused "she didn't even go near your neck"
"What the fuck are you talking about" Draco says scowling at me.
"You didn't fucking tell them" I chuckle "That maniac father of your fucking slit her throat!" I shouted.
"What" Draco says looking back at Daphne. She jus looked down embarrassed.
"Daphne" Draco says sympathetically hugging her making her wince again.
"Get out the way" I say pushing through everyone. I was standing in front on Daphne and pulled up her sleeves. Oh my fucking god.
"What the fuck Daphne" I say staring at them then looking in her eyes "did you do that to your self"
"What no!"
"So, if I go in there right now I'm not going to find a knife or something with blood on it" I say pointing to her room. She got out the way gesturing for me to come in. So I do.

Daphne's POV
I let Mattheo in forgetting about the bloody dagger in my bathroom sink. My eyes widened as he was walking closer and closer to my bathroom door. Oh shit. He walked in looked back at me with a numb expression and looks back. He found it. Fuck. All I could do was sigh and keep my head down. I was embarrassed. But I didn't regret cutting myself but I knew that once they find out they would all be disappointed in me.
"There's nothing here" I hear Mattheo shout walking back out the bathroom closing the door behind him. I was so relieved. But why did he lie? Why not tell everyone right then and there?
"So who d-" Draco stopped looking at me horrified.
"He did that to you didn't he" he said slightly smiling and nodding his head disappointingly. All I could do was stare at him.
"Fuck" Draco shouted annoyed with himself.
"It's not your fault Draco" I say as I tried to walk over to comfort him.
"No j-just" he paused "I can't believe I ever let him hurt you" he says bringing back loads of terrible memories. All I did was stare at him with a blank face.
"Why would you say that?" I paused still staring at him "you knew never to talk about that EVER again" I shout. I was furious. I just wanted to forget that ever happened.
"Daphne I-I'm sorry" Is all he could get out.
"What is he talking about D" Mattheo says making me turn back around. I stared at him for a few seconds.
"He-he did terrible things to her" Draco says making me look down. I was embarrassed about what happened. I just wanted to stop thinking about it. I wanted to forget it forever but I couldn't. It was now apart of me. It made me like this. It made me numb.
"I'm so confused" Pansy says walking in front of me "D what happened? You can tell us"
"He" I paused knowing they would be so upset. I was debating telling them "he raped me" I whispered.
"Who" Mattheo says angrily.
I look up at him "my father"
That's when he stormed out. I knew where he was going. I just didn't know what he was going to do. Oh god I hope my mother isn't home right now. She would be devastated.