Chapter 22 - How Dare You

Daphne's POV
It was another normal day. I woke up early to go to the room of requirements and work on the cabinet with Mattheo and Draco. Draco still won't talk to me but I didn't care anymore. When we would work, all I would think about is the little moments I have with Mattheo, but sometimes I get scared that he's just doing these things because he thinks of me as a slut or something. I get scared that he doesn't just do these things to me, but he does them to other girls too and I'm not special to him. I get scared about these things because he still hasn't confessed his feelings for me. I mean yeah I could always just tell him how I feel then he would tell me but I'm too scared. I would just stutter and not be able to make a complete sentence, I get so nervous around him.

It was time for breakfast so I left and went for a walk around the school as I wasn't hungry. I haven't been hungry for a while. I've lost my appetite. As I walked down this one hallway I got a weird feeling like someone was watching me or something. I looked behind me but no one was there. I continue to walk when I was suddenly pushed up against the cold, stone wall. I looked up to see Mattheo.
"God how many times are you going to push me up against a wall" I say rolling my eyes.
"How ever many times you let me" he said.
"What do you want riddle" I ask changing the subject.
"What were you thinking about earlier" he asks.
"Nothing why" I say obviously lying.
"Well I know for a fact you're lying" he says his face inches away from my face.
My eyes widened as I just stared at him. He pushed off me and started sliding down the wall opposite us.
"Do you really think of me like that?" He asks looking up at me.
"What do you mean" I ask sitting next to him.
"You think I do those things to other girls too and that you aren't special to me" he paused looking at me "do you really think of me like that?" He asked.
I just looked away not knowing what to say. He stood up, pacing back and forth. He looked pissed.
"You really think that I do that to other girls" he says.
"I mean yeah" I say still sitting down "that's kinda your reputation"
He stopped, looked at me with a sad face.
"I can't believe you of all people think that badly of me, Daphne"
"What do you mean" I say standing up.
"You think you aren't special to me and that I just go around doing that to anyone well I don't" he paused "you are special to me D and I don't know how you can't see that"
I didn't say anything, I don't know where this is going.
"How can't you see how I look at you or how I talk to you" he pauses "you would understand if you ever heard me talk about you"
I was so confused.
"I-I don't understand, Theo"
"God Daphne don't you get it" he shouts "I'm in love with you. I have been in love with you ever since I layed my eyes on you. You're sweet and kind and hot I mean who wouldn't be in love with you"
I just stood there shocked. I mean I knew he liked me but I didn't know he was in love with me. I like him too don't get me wrong but I was just surprised about this outburst.
"You know what forget I said anything" he said about to leave.
Before he could go I grabbed his arm and he looked at me.
"I'm in love with you too" I say smiling.

It was last period and we were in Defense against the dark arts. I was just sitting there, day dreaming when Professor Umbitch started shouting.
"Daphne" she shouted.
I was quickly snap out of my thoughts and looked up to see everyone looking at me.
"What" I ask.
I looked so stupid right now.
"What is this spell called?" She asked.
"No idea" I say truthfully.
"And why don't you know Miss Malfoy"
"Well if you want me to be honest Professor it's because I was not listening to a single thing you were saying"
Everyone started laughing. On the other hand, Professor Umbitch looked at me with pure rage. I just knew I was about to get my ass kicked.
"How dare you" she shouts "stay behind after  class"
I just sat there looking out the window next to me for the rest of the lesson. I was debating on wether I should just skip it since I can't be asked or just get it over with.

"Dismissed" Professor Umbitch said.
"Not you" she said pointing to me as I was about to leave.
I walked back over to my seat and sat down.
"You are going to write I will behave and respect my Professors over and over again" she said walking to me with a quill and a piece of parchment in her hand.
"How long for?" I asked.
"Until the message sinks in" she says with a smirk placing everything in front of me.
After a few minutes of writing, I felt a slight sting on my arm as I wrote. I stopped for a quick second and lifted my sleeve up to see the words "I will behave and respect my Professors". That bitch cursed the bloody quill. What the fuck! I looked back up to see her still marking work but she had a slight smirk on her face. God I hate her.

"Ok you can stop now" she says getting up from her chair.
I placed the quill down and watched as she walked over to me with her stubby legs. She took everything and told me to get lost. Wow, she's so nice to me. As I walked out I was once again pushed up against the wall. I looked up to see ... Draco?
"The fuck you want" I said as he walked backwards a little.
"What did you fucking do now, D" he says pinching the bridge of his nose.
"She's just being a bitch"
"What. Did. You. Do" he said looking more and more pissed the more I stood here.
"I wasn't paying attention to her during class" I said "at least I admitted it instead of lying" I shrugged.
"God, D why do you have to be such a smart ass" he says walking away.
"Fuck you" I shout after him before going to the common room. As I entered I saw Mattheo sitting on the couch by himself. What a loner I thought.
"That isn't very nice" He says as I forgot he can read minds.
"Oh yeah I forgot about that" I say sitting next to him.
"What did she make you do for two hours?" he asked.
"I had to write I will behave and respect my Professors over and over again"
"For two hours?"
"Yep, it was boring. But at least I got this cool scar" I say the last bit sarcastically pulling my right sleeve up.
"Shit, D" he said gently tracing the scars with his fingers "did she do that to you"
"Yeah but it's fine" I say pulling my sleeve back down.
"I fucking hate her"
"Don't we all" I say making us both laugh.
"Did you mean it" Mattheo says breaking the silence "what you said earlier"
I looked at him smiled and said "of course I did. Plus I kinda knew you already liked me"
"What?" He says blushing a little.
I laugh and say "That big speech thing in the common room. Yeah umm I heard that"
"Well umm" he said looking away "do you wanna go on a date with me?" He asked. I smiled and said yes. Our lips crashed together as I then heard gasps. We looked behind us and all our friends were there, mouths hung open.
"Omg" Pansy says staring at us.
"What the actual fuck" Draco says as his usual pissy self. We just turned around blushing.