Chapter 54 - Mind Reader

Mattheo's POV
It was the next day and I woke up in such a happy mood. I knew the only person that could make me this happy was Daphne. I looked down and saw my precious, fragile girlfriend sound asleep in my arms, she was so cute. I just laid there admiring her for a while until I saw her slowly start to open her gorgeous emerald green eyes.
"Hey" she says still half asleep.
It made me smile.
"Hi" I say back still looking at her.
Once she had fully opened her eyes she was staring back at me and couldn't help but smile back. We ended up just cuddling for a little while longer until we had to go to breakfast.

Daphne's POV
I tried to get out of bed to go get ready for the day when Mattheo just pulled me back down.
"We have to get ready" I say trying to get up again but he had a strong grip around my waist.
"Five more minutes" he groans.
"Fine but only five" I say laughing then relaxing into his arms again.

We were walking to the great hall for breakfast hand in hand. We barely talked, we just enjoyed each other's company. We sat in our seats we sit in everyday and started talking and laughing with our friends while his hand stayed on my thigh. His hand would now and again slowly slide up and down my thigh giving me the shivers.
"Are you ok Daphne?" Blaise asks looking at me with furrowed eyes.
"Yep, yep I'm fine" I say smiling.
Out of the corner of my eye I could see Mattheo looking down and smirking proud of what he's doing to me right now.

I was walking to defence against the dark arts with Mattheo. We entered and took our seats at the back in the corner. This lesson was so boring. Most of the time me and Mattheo just talked or passed notes.
"Miss Malfoy!" Professor Umbitch shouts.
I slowly turn my head to her.
"Yes?"
"Stop talking through my class, unless you have a very important topic to talk about"
"Yeah, it's a very important topic professor. Can I get back to my conversation now?"
She just stood there for a quick minute giving me a death stare before she opened her disgusting mouth.
"And what important topic would that be"
I started to smile as an idea came into my head. I could see Mattheo slightly face palm his face out of the corner of my eye as he knew I was up to something from my smirk.
"Don't think you really want to know"
"No, please tell the class what important conversation you and Mr Riddle are having"
My smile grew bigger. I slowly leaned forward on my arms on my desk as she was standing in front of it.
"We were talking about" I paused and looked at Mattheo who was slowly shaking his head.
All of a sudden, I got a sharp pain in my head and then I heard a voice.
"Don't say it Daphne, you will regret it" it begged.
I looked at my desk confused.
"Daphne!"
I quickly looked up to her.
"I think that's the first time you've ever said my actual name Professor"
"Hmm seems it was, but what were you two talking about"
I remembered what the voice said.
"Nothing Professor"
"Very well then, detention for wasting my time and talking when I am talking"
"Bitch" I mumble as she walks away.
"What was that?"
"Nothing"
She gave me one more dirty look and went back to teaching. I stayed confused the whole lesson. What was that voice? Was someone in my head? But who? I had so many questions that I thought my head was going to explode.

The bell went after second lesson signalling lunch. I had a lesson we're none of my friends were in so I ended up walking to the great hall all by myself. I entered and sat down in my designated seat. Not really designated just the seat I sit in everyday. Most of lunch, I just sat there with my head down looking at the table in front of me still wondering who the voice was. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Mattheo looking at me with a worried look.
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine" I say fake smiling.
I felt a sharp pain in my head again.
"No you're not"
"Yeah I am?"
"What's wrong Daphne?" Abigail asks.
"It's just- in defence against the dark arts today I was going to say this snarky, inappropriate comeback to Professor Umbitch but there was this voice in my head. It told me not to do it or I would regret it and now I guess I'm just a little freaked out"
Everyone looked at me like I was stupid.
"What?"
Then everyone's eyes turned to Mattheo. I looked at him to see him avoiding eye contact with everyone.
"I'm so confused right now"
"You never told her Mattheo!" Abigail says angrily.
"Told me what?"
"Why didn't you tell her?!" Pansy says.
"Tell me what!"
"I can read minds"
I quickly turned my head to face him with furrowed eyebrows.
"What? Why didn't you tell me"
"I don't know just kindve forgot"
"You forgot you could read minds?!"
"I should've known you could though"
"What do you mean"
"You know the first time we met and we were all on the train?"
"Yeah?"
"What are you getting at Daphne?" Pansy asks.

*flashback*
I was a little nervous to be around Mattheo. I didn't know why but I was. Maybe I was kinda developing feelings for him. I shook my head saying no daphne shut up you know what happened last time. I glanced back up to see Mattheo staring at me with a confused expression on his face. I just smiled at him and looked away.
*end of flashback*

"I was thinking about how I thought I had feelings for you and I shook my head saying no Daphne you know what happened last time. Then I saw you looking at me with a confused face. I should've known you read my mind then"
Then something hit me and my eyes became widened.
"What's wrong?" he asks.
"You've known I liked you the whole time didn't you?"
"Yes" he said hesitantly.
"That is so embarrassing"
"No it's not. It was nice to know how in love you were with me" Mattheo said being cocky and throwing his arm around my shoulder and placing a kiss on my cheek.
"Shut up" I say playfully rolling my eyes.
Everyone just started laughing. I thought it was weird though how he never told me. Did he not want me to know? But why? Oh well, I know now.

A/N
Sorry I haven't updated in a while I promise I will try and update like I did before. It's not the best chapter.