Chapter 56 - Dumbledore Pt2

Mattheo's POV
"Please, come in. And shut the door on your way in"
Bellatrix says with her shrieking voice.
Daphne hesitantly walked in and closed the door gently behind her. I could tell that she was scared so I took her hand in mine.
"Daphne, have you completed your task yet?" Voldemort asks.
"No my lord"
"Why not?"
"I just haven't had the time" she said, "I've been busy"
Well that's bullshit.
"And what important thing were you about to do?"
She started breathing a bit heavier. I squeezed her hand telling her it was ok and that I'm here if anything happens.
"We were about to do homework"
"Well, it can wait"
We both knew what he was trying to get at. We looked at each other for a minute before Daphne looked back at Voldemort and nodded. A smile grew on his face before he left and aparated away with Bellatrix. I turned around and pulled her into a tight hug.
"I'm so sorry, Darling"
"It's fine" she says pulling away. "It was bound to happen sooner or later"

Daphne's POV
I was so scared. I've never killed anyone before I was scared of what it would do to me. I guess if I wanna live I'm just gonna have to suck it up and get on with it.

For the rest of the day Mattheo tried comforting me. Although, I would tell him the I was fine and he didn't have to comfort me but he still did. That's one of the things I love about him, when you first meet him he's a cocky, egotistical dick but once you get to know him he is actually sweet and caring. Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door. I was afraid of who it might be.
"Who is it?" I shout.
"Pansy"
"Abigail"
"Enzo"
They all shouted out. I got up out of my bed being released from Mattheo's warm arms. I opened the door to be greeted with three smiling faces.
"What do you want?"
"We are going to have a small party in Blaise' dorm, wanna join?"
I looked back at Mattheo knowing that I couldn't, but I really wanted to.
Hesitantly I said "I can't, I'm sorry"
"Why!?"
"I'm just not up for it, I'm tired"
"Wow, such a party pooper alright fine. Mattheo wanna come"
"No"
They walked away and I shut the door before crawling back into Mattheo's open arms.
"I'm sorry we have to miss the party"
"It's fine. I didn't really want to go anyways"
"Sure you didn't" he says making his grip around me tighter and kissing the top of my head.

I looked over to see Mattheo was sound asleep right next to me. Gosh he's so cute. I gently placed a kiss on his forehead.
"I'm sorry Theo" I say on the verge of tears.
I know he just wants to protect me but I have to do this, I have to complete it. I quietly shut my dorm door making sure I didn't wake him up. I turned around and walked down the girls dormitory stairs to the common room door when I was stopped by a voice.
"Where are you going?" It says.
I hesitantly look back to see it's Pansy.
"I'm just going on a walk"
"Can I come? The party is getting boring"
"Sorry, I kindve want to be by myself"
"What? Why?"
"I just do ok!"
"Alright calm down. You're acting suspicious"
"How?"
"You just are" she paused. "What are you really doing?"
"Nothing, I'm just going on a walk why can't you get that?"
"Why are you lying to me? I thought we got over the secrets"
She looked at me with wide eyes.
"Oh my god"
"What?"
"You-you're going to go do that task aren't you? That's why you're sneaking out!"
"What task?"
"I don't know because you never told us for our "safety"
I just looked down, I didn't want to keep this secret from anyone anymore, not after everything that happened.
"Come with me" I say.
I stormed out of the door before she could say anything else.
"Daphne where are we going?"
"I'm going to show you what my task is if you want to know so bad"
I stopped walking and stood right in front of her.
"But you can't tell anyone about it, ever! Got it?"
She just nodded. We continued walking until we reached the bottom of the astronomy tower steps.
"Daphne!"

Mattheo's POV
I woke up cold and felt like I was missing something. I finished rubbing my eyes and realised Daphne wasn't here anymore. Where was she? Was she going to go do her task? Without me? If she was going to go through with it I wanted to be by her side. I wanted her to know I would love her and be with her no matter what. I jumped out of the bed and ran down into the common room. She wasn't there but the door to the common room was open.
"Fuck" I whisper.
I ran out and ran straight to the astronomy tower. I was going to do everything in my power to stop her but if she really wanted to, I wasn't going to get in the way. I saw her at the bottom of the steps with, Pansy?
"Daphne!" I shout.

Daphne's POV
I looked back to see Mattheo running towards us.
"Shit" I whisper.
"Daphne what are you doing"
"To complete my task, what do you think?"
"Please don't do it. You know if you do you'll officially be a death eater, I don't want that for you"
He looked at Pansy and then back at me.
"What is she doing here?"
"She really wanted to know my task, so I was going to show her"
"Are you fucking dumb! You're going to get her killed"
"Wow, ok" I say before starting to walk up the steps.
"Please Daphne, don't" Mattheo says holding onto my wrist.
"I have to"
We looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds before Mattheo let go. All three of us walked up to the top of the astronomy tower and saw a figure at the edge.
"I've been waiting for you to arrive" it says.
"Oh my god" Pansy says looking at me with wide eyes realising what my task is.