Chapter 10 - You die, I die

Daphne's POV
A week later, I was still just in my dorm. I didn't let anyone in or speak to anyone. Sure they would talk through the door but I wouldn't say anything back. I was too depressed. I loved my mother with all my heart. I wished she didn't die. I need her. I need her but she can't be here and that hurts the most. I didn't cry at all. I didn't like to cry. Crying makes you weak. I didn't go to any of my detentions. The teachers understood but now and again Dumblebitch would try and get me out of my room. I never went out once and I didn't eat. Ok maybe one thing but I felt bad about it straight after. Everyday Mattheo would come to my dorm and tell me a few things that happened. It made me smile a little sure, but it wasn't good enough to get me out. He told me Draco hasn't come out either. He thinks it's his fault mother died. But it wasn't. It was mine. If I just hadn't told anyone what happened and kept it all a secret then maybe. Just maybe she would still be alive and she would hug me. I loved her hugs, but I never showed that. I wish I did. They were always warm and comforting.

Draco's POV
It was all my fault. I can't believe I ever let anything happen to the people I care about most in the world. Yea maybe I didn't show Daphne much care but I truly did. I mean she is my sister. I love her. She's my only family left. I didn't come out of my dorm once in the week. Pansy told me neither did Daphne. She felt like it was her fault, but it wasn't. It was mine. I should've protected her from the start then maybe none of this would've happened. I still remember the first time she was abused by him. I was watching. I should've done something.

*flashback*
Draco and Daphne were 6 years old.
"Daphne" he said in an angry tone.
"Yes father"
"You know what happens when you do something wrong right?" He asks crouching down to her level. She looked terrified.
"No" she says scared. That when he said it. One of the unforgivable curses. I just stood there as she fell to the ground screaming in pain. She rolled over the floor begging him to stop but that just made him want to do it for longer. But he knew he couldn't do it for long. It would kill her. She was only a little girl. She begged me to help, but what did I do? I just stood there. I just stood there watching her cry in pain. Why didn't I help her?
After a couple minutes he stopped. She just stayed there in the ground panting.
"Make sure to be a good girl otherwise, well you know what will happen" he says crouching back down to her before standing back up and leaving. I ran over to her trying to put her in my arms. She just pushed me back. She was heartbroken. She expected me to help her but I didn't. She was in pain mentally and physically. A 6 year old doesn't deserve this. Hell no one does.
*end of flashback*

Replaying that memory in my head made me cry. I led in my bed and pulled the quilt over my head. Someone knocked at my door. With a wave of my wand it opened.
"You know" they paused "it's not your fault she's dead" I knew exactly who it was. My beloved sister. Although she looked skinnier but I didn't think much of it. I just shot up and hugged her. She was the only person in the world who could help me feel better. She slept in my dorm that night. She didn't want to be seen by anyone. I didn't blame her but I knew we were going to have to make an appearance soon. I knew our friends missed us. Mostly Daphne. She was the life of the friend group, making everyone smile and laugh. Whereas me, I was the dick. I would fuck every girl that I wanted and then never talk to them again. I believe some peoples words were, and I quote "man whore". Not many things bring me down but that, that just made me fell so bad about myself. I regret every bad thing I've done in my life. It makes me remind myself of my father.

Daphne's POV
I woke up in the morning to find Draco gone. I assumed he was tired of hiding away so I went back to my dorm without being seen. I got ready and wore some baggy clothes. I had gotten much skinnier from not eating in a while. It was freaky. I tried to make myself look nice since this was the first time someone was going to see me in ages. I walked out of my dorm and everyone was staring at me.

As I walked down the stairs all my friends made there way to me smiling. They were happy to see there friend again.
"Oh look she isn't dead. See I told you" Abigail said hugging me. I didn't let her hug me too long otherwise she would be able to feel how skinny I am now. I liked how I got more skinny but they would just say that it was unhealthy.
"I'm happy to see you out of your dorm" Enzo says with a big smile.
"Where's Draco" I say smiling
"Is he, not in his dorm?" Mattheo asked everyone. Everyone said no. They hadn't seen him at all. That was weird. Where else would he be. Then it hit me. My eyes widened as I realised.
"What" Theodore asked scared "Daphne are you ok what's wrong"
"I-I have to go"
I ran away making everyone confused. They all ran after me. They shouted my name but I didn't stop until I got to the top of the astronomy tower. There he was.

Draco's POV
I left early that morning so Daphne didn't see me. I didn't want her to see her supposed to be strong brother turning so weak. It was embarrassing.

I was standing at the top of the astronomy tower standing on the edge. That's when I heard foot steps running up the stairs. I didn't dare look back. I knew it was her.
"Go away D" is all I could say through the crying. I didn't want her to watch me do it. It would break her heart. She would be the only Malfoy left.

Daphne's POV
I just stood there as he told me to go away. I slowly walked up to him as the rest made their way to the top of the tower. No one talked. I stood next to him and held his hand. He looked at me confused. I wasn't about to let the last of my family die. No matter how much I say I hate him. I love him really.
"You die" I pause with a starlight face trying not to show emotion "I die"
All he did was stare at me. Tear were threatening to leave my eyes. In the end I just let them flow. I couldn't watch my brother die. He meant too much to me. He stepped back still holding my hand. I turned around letting go of his hand. Everyone was in shock. I was actually crying. They couldn't believe it. Maybe I do have a soul after all. I was about to walk towards everyone when I slipped. I fell from the edge. All I could hear were muffled screams as I was flying through the air. "This is the end" I thought. I thought I deserved to die for everything I put everyone through. As I hit the ground, all of my memories flashed before my eyes until, all I could see was black.