Chapter 62 - The War

Daphne's POV
For the next few nights we would all quietly sneak out, meet up and talk. We needed this plan to work.

"What's wrong?" Mattheo says looking down at me.
"I wanna tell everyone else" I said "I wanna warn them, I don't want anything bad happening to them"
"Tell us what" Pansy says coming from behind us.
We both stood up from the couch to face her.

I had gathered everyone up into my dorm. Everyone was sat on my bed as I was pacing around my room thinking of where to start.
"Calm down Daphne" Abigail says
"I can't calm down" I shout making everyone look at me worried.
I broke the silence after a minute.
"Something really bad is gonna happen, and none of you can be here when it does" I say.
"What are you one about?" Enzo asks.
I stay quiet for a second.
"Daphne?"
"Voldemort is gonna infiltrate Hogwarts, with some death eaters"
I paused as everyone was speechless.
"There's gonna be a war, it's gonna be really bad and none of you can be here when that happens"
No one knew what to say, they all had worried looks on their faces.
"What?" Abigail says.
"Before you all make assumptions" Mattheo says standing up and walking over to me "we have nothing to do with this, we don't want this to happen as much as you guys"
"Don't worry though" I say making everyone look at me "we have a plan"

Fast forward a week
Mattheo, Draco and I were called to a death eater meeting probably to discuss the war. We apparated to the Riddle manor and walked in to find everyone already there. We took our seats and the meeting began. I was right, it was about the war and their plan. Once the meeting had finished we had returned back to Hogwarts and told the others what their plan was. We needed to win. We still weren't sure when they were going to infiltrate Hogwarts but we knew it would be soon. We made sure to be careful since it could start any day. For the next couple days we were on high alert. But that didn't stop us from having fun, we did have a party in the Slytherin common room and let me tell you it was fun as fuck. I mean I don't remember what happened but that means it was a really good party, right?

"Hey guys" I say sitting down at the Slytherin table in the great hall.
"Hey" everyone replied back.
Everyone hadn't been the same since I told them about the war, I'm guessing they're just scared. Obviously if they were they wouldn't show it but I have a feeling. Everyone was just talking when I looked out the window and saw something. I'm not sure what it was but I got suspicious so I went to check it out. When I got there I couldn't see anything, there wasn't anything there. It was strange. I was walking back inside when I heard a voice.
"Daphne" it whispered.
"Daphne"
I'm not going to lie it was kindve creepy but I needed to know what it was. I started following the whisper, I know it was a bit dumb but my curiosity got the best of me. It led me into the woods, quite far into the woods actually. I knew I should've turned back but I just kept going.
"Daphne, Daphne" it kept whispering getting closer and closer sending shivers down my spine.
"Daphne" someone shouted.
I turned around to see Mattheo running towards me with a worried look on his face.
"What?"
"It's started" he said.
We both quickly ran all the way back to Hogwarts to see the school destroyed. I quickly ran inside trying to find all my friends, I needed to know if they were ok. I eventually found them fighting off some death eaters.
"Are you guys ok?" I asked.
"Yeah" they all replied.
I knew it was time, time to start our plan. I ran outside the front of Hogwarts and started fighting off death eaters. There were so many dead bodies around me. Not just any dead bodies, teenagers. They didn't deserve this, we don't deserve this. One thing they thought they were going to have so many more years next thing they know, they don't anymore. I felt a tear fall down my cheek as I saw another body drop, Fred Weasley. We are just kids. I was brought back into reality as I was nearly hit with a spell but someone blocked it. It was Harry.
"Thanks" I say.
"No problem" he says before running off.
I continued to fight off more and more death eater. They just kept coming and coming like there were an unlimited number of them. Next thing I knew, people were gathering outside the font of Hogwarts. I pushed through to the front of the crowd to see Voldemort and his little gang on the other side.
"Harry Potter" he paused "is dead" he shouted.
Everyone gasped. His girlfriend, Ginny Weasley, started to cry and tried to run to him but was held back. I couldn't help but feel bad for her. He didn't deserve to die, in fact none of us deserve to die.
"Mattheo my boy" Voldermort said "join us"
I looked at him in the eyes and he looked back at me.
"I'm sorry" he says before walking over to his father.
"What?" I say.
I just stared at him in shock as he walked over to his fathers side. As he reached him he gave him a hug and started laughing. I was so angry, how could Mattheo do this to us after everything.
"What the fuck" Pansy says.
He looked at me and I just started shaking my head in disappointment and trying my hardest not to cry.
"If you want to keep living" Voldermort started to say "I suggest you join our side" he laughed.
Neville stepped forward as everyone gasped, thinking he was going to join their side.
"Not who I thought but I guess we could find you something to do" Voldermort said exchanging looks with Mattheo.
"I don't want to join you" he said "I would never join you"
"Neville what are you doing" I whisper.
"Trust me" he says. "I'd like to say something. Doesn't matter that Harry's gone. People die everyday friends, family. Yeah, we lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us, in here. So is Fred, all of them. They didn't die in vain! But you will! Cause you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us! It's not over!"
As he finished Harry jumped out of Hagrid's arms as Neville throws him his wand.
"Avada Kedavra" Harry shouts as Voldermort does the same leaving them in a 1v1.