Chapter 12 - Funeral Pt2

Mattheo's POV
I gathered everyone from there dorm. It was time to go. We all sat in the common room and talked about more memories we had with her for a few minutes. Then one special one came to my mind.
"Hey, remember when we played truth or dare in here with Daphne for the first time?" I say looking at everyone with a little smile on my face. They just looked at me confused. They didn't know what I was talking about.
"When Blaise dared her to make out with me"
Then everyone remembered and started laughing.
"She got off your lap and you had a boner" Abigail said laughing. Everyone laughed along with her. It's not how Daphne would make them laugh but, at least it's something.

We left the common room walking out to the courtyard. Everyone was there, including Potter, Granger and Weasley. They all hated Daphne, and she hated them too.
"I'm so sorry guys" Hermione said "we didn't have the best relationship with her but we would never wish death upon her. We are so sorry" all we did was nod at her trying not to cry. Especially me. I missed her so fucking much.

"Wands up" Dumblebitch shouted. Everyone put up there wands and said a spell. Light came out and went into the sky.

"Now a speech from Abigail Fawley and Pansy Parkinson" Dumblebitch said.
The two heart broken girls walked up to the stand weakly like they were about to break down any minute.
"Daphne" Abigail paused "Daphne was a special girl. She would make all her friends laugh like no one else. This special girl had her whole life in front of her, but now she won't be able to live it. She was so pretty. I was always jealous of her looks. I wished everyday that some day I could look like her. Daphne will be dearly missed by everyone. Especially by all her friends in Slytherin. I love you Daphne. I hope to see you again soon" she stepped down and Pansy went up.
"This girl is my best friend. Not was, is. She will still be with me in my heart and forever will be. She didn't deserve to die. It was so fun sharing a dorm with her. Daphne, Abigail and I would joke around a lot and gossip. I miss her so much. She was the best person in my life and I don't know how I'm going to live without her. Yea sure before 5th year I didn't even know who she was, but my life was shit then. Sorry professors. Daphne made my life so much better and brighter. I didn't ever get to say thank you. So, thank you D, thank you for making all our lives better and brighter. Thank you for being friends with us. Thank you for making us laugh everyday. We all love you and hope to see you again" she stepped down and the two girls broke down in each other's arms while walking back to us. We all did a group hug. I thought their speeches were wonderful. They were very true. Especially when Abigail said that she was a special girl, because she is. I say is because I have a feeling she's still here. Maybe her ghost is haunting me or something but I still feel like she's here with us.

After the funeral, we all went back to the common room and sat in our usual spots. We left Daphne's seat and made sure no one ever sat in it. It was Daphne's seat and Daphne's seat only. Everyone was crying except me.
"I don't understand how you can't cry Mattheo" Abigail says in a hurt voice. I just looked at her. I didn't know what to say.
"It's like you don't even care she died"
That pushed me over the edge. We both stood up and I walked up to her.
"You know, I'm not as heartless as you may think Abigail." I say on the verge of tears "believe it or not I actually do care about Daphne. I always have. So stop saying that I don't care she's dead because I do. I probably care more than you and you want to know why that is. Huh? That's because I'm in love with her. I'm in love with her and I never got to fucking tell her so stop saying that I didn't care. I'm so in love with her that I would sacrifice myself for her. I'm so in love with her that if I had a choice between 1million galleons and her I would chose her. Every time!" I say quickly now crying. I was embarrassed but all I could do was sit back down and put my head in my hands. Everyone was shocked. No one had any idea that I liked her like that. I hid it very well.
"I-Im sorry Mattheo" Abigails says before coming over to me and hugging me. I hugged her back. Eventually, everyone was in a group hug.

Daphne's POV
I was outside the common room and snuck in. I could see all my friends sitting in their spaces leaving mine and not letting anyone sit in it. By now I was crying so much. I missed them and I wanted to tell them I was ok. But I couldn't. I couldn't tell them and that ripped me apart. I didn't want them to cry about me anymore. It hurt me more than it hurt them. They were in pain because of me and I just wanted it to stop. That's when Abigail started to speak.
"I don't understand how you can't cry Mattheo"
He just looked at her.
"It's like you don't even care she died"
They both stood up and Mattheo walked up to her giving that speech. I was taken back. I didn't know he felt like this. It made me feel even worse about leaving them. I wish I could just walk over to Mattheo right now and kiss him. I loved him too and I never got to say it to him. I wish I did. I regret it. That's when my little tattoo on my ankle started to sting, meaning he wanted to see me. I aparated to him.
"I need you to do something for me girl" he said with an evil smirk.
"Yes father"