Chapter 45: Smoldering Flames

---

The next day in the hospital at with the Pro Heroes are resting, the news reports that the League of Villains attacked the escort carrying Overhaul and was a complete failure and an important piece of evidence was lost, causing the to take heavy criticism.

Midoriya and Y/n were shocked that Shigaraki attacked Chisaki.

"It isn't something you two should feel responsible for. You don't have to worry about it." Aizawa says.

In the meantime, Y/n along with his classmates will be returning to UA High School, except for Togata, who will be taking leave.

"Sensei, can't I stay for a while until Eri-chan wakes up?" I asked.

"Me too."

"Even if you two stay, the situation won't change. All we can do is leave Eri-chan to the doctors." Aizawa says.

"But.."

"Y/n, why don't we go see Togata before we leave? Please watch our stuff for us!" Midoriya says before he drag Y/n and went to Togata's room.

Midoriya knocked on the door before he opened it, the duo finds their upperclassman spinning his legs with cheerful energy.

"Hey, you two! Morning, Midoriya! Tomioka! It looks like I'm the only one stuck here anoher day so they can monitor me! Even though I'm this energetic! Damn it!"

"Togata.." Izuku approaches him.

"I know. I've lost my Quirk, and my mentor has passed away. I shouldn't be in a laughing state of mind." Togata says.

However, Togata has decided not to be sad because Sir Nighteye was smiling all the time while talking to him and will respect his teachings by also smiling since he is going to be an outstanding Hero in the future.

"If I look gloomy, then Eri-chan will probably also feel bad."

"If only I was a little faster to get to you and help you fight the Hassaikai..." I uttered, feeling guilty for all the pain Togata has been through.

"You did Tomioka. You arrived just in time to save me and Eri-chan, stalling Chisaki until Midoriya and the others arrive as well."

"Even when your Quirk was taken away, you still kept protecting Eri-chan by yourself, didn't you? Compared to that, I was supposed to protect Eri-chan, but I needed her help, and Aizawa-sensei's..."

Izuku hypothetically asks Togata if he could give him One for All, would Togata accept it.

"I don't need it." Togata surprisingly refuses Izuku's offer, telling Izuku that by accepting his Quirk, Izuku would suffer hardship.

"I don't understand what you're so dejected about, but you did a good job! You're Deku, the hero! You too, Hashira!"

Togata feels positive about the situation because when Eri gets control of her Quirk in the future, she will be able to restore him to a state where he had his Quirk.

"Even if that doesn't work, I'll try a bunch of things to get back to normal. But anyway, I'm fine. I have what Nighteye predicted with his Foresight. So, let's keep smiling!"

Togata's optimism convinces Izuku to accept the reality.

"Tomioka, come on. You should really smile too!" Togata says but I remained a blank expression.

Togata goes to Izuku and whispers, "Why won't he smile? Has he always been like this?"

"No. Actually, he sometimes smiles secretly before a lot of things happened." Izuku replies quietly.