Chapter 53: Hello, Uppermoon One

---

After Y/n cried his heart out, he passed out in Hawks arms. The latter noticed that all of Y/n's injuries are gone.

'No matter how strong the person is, they feel pain and they feel sad.' Hawks thought, staring down at the unconcious Y/n.

Edgeshot crouched down, placing a hand on Y/n's head with a saddened look. "I can't imagine what he's going through."

Suddenly, they felt uneasy when an unknown figure slowly approaches them.

"Very impressive. He defeated the Uppermoon two."

The heroes instinctly stood up and faced the figure, seeing the kanji written one on its eyes.

"You gotta be kidding me! Another one?"

"It has.. Number one on his eyes.. He must be an Uppermoon one!"

A pale-skinned, tall and muscular man with long and spiky hair with red tips, emerged from the shadow and intensely stare at the heroes.

His most notable feature is the three sets of eyes on his face with red sclera and yellow irises.

"No lives will be lost if you hand that child over." The demon pointed at Y/n, causing Hawks to hold Y/n closer and glared at the demon.

"You won't lay a finger on him!" Hawks said.

"Never! What makes you think we'd give him to you!" Edgeshot responds.

"Planning to absorb him again like the blonde bastard?" Mirko asked. Endeavor attempt to stand up but stopped by a medic, telling him that he's already at his limit.

"I.. have nothing to do with that child... But that man... does."

"What do you mean?"

"You all saw it with your own eyes. That child.. Has a demon Quirk and he had an ability that man desired.

Sunlight resistance... In order to attain that ability.. He must absorb that boy. So.." The demon slowly reach for his weapon.

"Stay out of my way.. or I'll just have to kill you."

The heroes were shakened by the demon's overwhelming aura, even so, they refuse to give up and they won't let the Uppermoon take Y/n.

"Very well. I already expected that you won't hand him over." The Uppermoon dashed forward, Hawks tries to shield Y/n but the latter disappeared in his arms. The Uppermoon takes Y/n hostage.

"Y-Y/n! Give him back!"

Kokushibou was holding Y/n by his throat while still unconscious. He tightened his grip, causing Y/n to tremble.

"Stop!!!" Hawks yells.

"You scared of my Tsugoku?"

The Uppermoon turn his head and saw his Descendant's spirit smirking, Tokito Muichiro.

"You're so eager to kill him, because you're afraid he might slay you too. Pathetic."

The Uppermoon growled before he caught a sight of Hanafuda earrings on Y/n. Memories of his younger twin brother suddenly appeared in his mind.

"That earring.. Yoriichi.. Is he passing down his impossible Breathing technique?" The demon uttered quietly.

'Does that mean... this child can do my twin's Breath of Sun?' The demon gritted his teeth.

Mirko acted quickly and attempts to kick the Uppermoon, the demon let go of Y/n and vanishes.

Mirko immediately caught Y/n. "You humans are lucky.. this time.." The heroes were confused as the demon focused on Y/n. "What a pity, it would seems he awaken the mark. I grieve the loss."