Chapter 98: Their Own Will

Sorry for disappearing again. I got interested on playing genshin and star rail. 😅

---

---

---

The night before the battle against Muzan...

Fuji was breathing heavily, his body overwhelmed by pain as he staggered forward and fell to his knees, groaning softly.

His quirk was acting up, his absorption of Muzan's Uppermoon clones too much for him to bear alone.

"Arghhh..!" he yelled, unable to contain his anguish.

He slumped forward, his head sinking between his knees as he fought to contain the pain.

"Fuji?" someone called out with concern, stepping forward to check on him.

"Michikatsu... Argh!" Fuji turned his head, seeing Michikatsu approaching.

"What's the matter?" Michikatsu asked, sounding concerned.

"Absorbing... those demons... Is a bad... idea..." Fuji said, struggling to formulate his words through the pain. "This is... too much..."

"What... what if Akujin... takes over?" he added, his voice shaky from the immense anguish he was feeling.

"Calm yourself child." Michikatsu said, trying to reassure him. Michikatsu gazes at Fuji who was struggling with his quirk, his concern evident in his expression.

He suddenly thought of something but wasn't sure if Fuji would be able to do it. "Fuji, there is a way for you to stop this." 

Fuji turned toward him with a look of confusion. "Really? What is it?" 

Michikatsu takes a deep breath before saying: "Split your quirk's power by creating Demons."

Fuji's eyes grew wide with surprise. "That's insane," He muttered, shaking his head in disbelief. "Can my own quirk really do something like that?"

Michikatsu responded by saying, "Do not forget your quirk is Demon. You can do so much with it but because of your doubts and fear, you are holding it back."

Fuji stared at him and considered his words for a moment, taking in his wisdom before Michikatsu continued. "You're still young, you can learn to do so much more. Once you grow up, think about how powerful you can be."

"But still... Creating life is something I can't imagine..." Fuji muttered.

With a renewed sense of determination and confidence, Fuji stared at the Tsugikuni before looking down at his hands. "Alright... I'll try." he said.

Fuji stands up as he activates his quirk, his eyes becoming a red slit and demon marks appearing throughout his body. The two horns grew out of his head. Michikatsu backs away, giving Fuji space.

Fuji focuses all his concentration on creating his new Blood Demon Art. He begins to imagine what it would be like if he was able to create life. Would the new demons be his enemies? His allies? Or his new family?

No matter the outcome, Fuji was willing to take the risk.

"Blood Demon Art... Hydro Curse..."

Fuji spoke the invocation, causing a dark blue sphere of water to form in front of him.
He bit his finger, letting the blood spill over the sphere, mixing with the water to create something new.