Chapter 5 - Weird Girl

White everywhere except for the curtains at my side. 

"Where am I?" I mumbled while sitting up.

"Oh! You're awake!" spoke an unknown  voice, it was from a boy, considering his build, however, I couldn't see him since he was covered  by the white drapes, but his calming voice was familiar, " You are at the nurse's office by the way"

Calming voice. . .that's it! The one and only---

"Sugawara?" I questioned.

He pushed the curtains aside which revealed his shocked face.

"Eh? How do you know me?" he asked with a curious expression plastered on his face.

One of my comfort characters, I'm seeing him in reality now.

Probably at this time, my nose would've been bleeding buckets, maybe it's because I'm only dealing with one character which is also my comfort character, that the common situation isn't happening at this moment.

Seeing the look on his face made me giggle, he always made me feel like this on my darkest days, even at times where I would talk down to myself.

"Hey, you still didn't answer my question, yet you are laughing!"

"Ah! Sorry!" I apologized.

"It's alright," he sighed while smiling, "anyways I'll be walking you home since it's dangerous for girls to walk alone this late."

"What time is it right now Sugawara-senpai?"

"10:23 in the evening"

"EH?! How long was I asleep for?"

He checked his watch said, "5 hours and a half"

I felt my whole body froze, I embarrassed myself in front of the characters, I even made Sugawara walk with me this late.

"I'm such an idiot!" I said to myself, I slapped my face with both of my hands, and went off the White bed.

"I'm really sorry senpai, for the troubles I have caused you" I apologized while bowing.

"A-ah, you don't have to bow, it really is okay with me, also you can just call me Sugawara!"

He really was a kind soul, an angel that is sent from the heavens.

"Come on, let's go home now" he spoke while opening the door.

"Yes!"

I quickly folded the sheets in the bed I was sleeping on and turned off the clinic's lights, I then went to catch up with Sugawara since he was waiting for me.

We were silent for quite some time until he started talking.

"Talking about which, what were you doing at the gymnasium this afternoon?"

With that question, I suddenly remembered my main purpose for coming there.

"OH NO! I FORGOT TO ASK!" 

"What do you mean 'ask'?" 

"I was supposed to ask Kiyoko-senpai or Daichi-san, to let me and my club borrow the gym for a while since we will be rehearsing for our upcoming presentation in 5 days!" I quickly said, "Yet I failed to do that certain task!"

I was cursing myself, I proposed that idea yet I unsuccessfully didn't work the idea.
"Wait for a minute--" he paused, "Oh! I didn't catch your name!"

"Ah, my name is Fukuda Akemi!" I spoke, "You can call me Akemi!"

He grinned from ear to ear and said, "I'm gonna make a call for a minute Akemi, wait for me!"